Disk Thingy Part 1

Bess

Hello. My siblings and I have found several disk shaped objects in a park in Hamilton, Nj. We have grouped them into two main categories. One has more than 5 sections around the center of the object and the other has 5 or less sections. I will post the first category in this thread and the other one some time later.

The rock in this area is mainly from the Jurassic and Cretaceous, but there is a small segment of rock from the Cambrian. Some of the objects in the first category seem to have the disk slightly burrowed into the surrounding rock. The objects in this category also have a smaller disc in the center of the larger one. 

I hope that you can identify two subjects. 

Thank you in advance. :)

Sorry for poor photo quality.

15607272839131868907019941579664.jpg

15607273885241719692621273652428.jpg

Agreed. Crinoid imprints. Probably from a piece of stem. Here is a quick pic of a piece (columnal) I had laying around. Nothing fancy, but you can see the radial lines and the center hole that if pressed down like a stamp would cause the impressions you have.

14DEA25B-FF8A-4A3B-B309-9E2151F6CDBB.jpeg

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

The rock to the left on your second from last pic looks like typical glacial washout that’s found in Monmouth Co. brooks. It is Silurian/Devonian age and I agree it is a crinoid.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Definitely crinoid stem sections. Google crinoid and check out the images. Many different species.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!