Greetings, all!

I am currently writing a thesis involving fossils from the Burlington Limestone near its type section along the Illinois/Iowa border. To demonstrate the diversity of the crinoidal remains from the limestone (over 400 species have been described from the Burlington alone!), I am looking for photographs of articulated crinoids. Do any of you have any that you would like to let me include in my thesis? If possible, I would like high-res images of crinoids identified to genus or species with a scale bar/ruler present in the image as well as the collection/locality info. I can't guarantee that I will use every image posted, but if I use your image, then I will acknowledge you in my acknowledgements and give you credit for the image.

Thank you for your time & assistance!

-Elasmohunter

• I found this Informative 1

@minnbuckeye Thank you. I will keep you posted on my progress. That's a beautiful crinoid: far nicer than anything I have in my own collection!

Try contacting the Eastern Missouri for paleontology.  They are a fossil club out of St . Louis.  They take yearly trips to hunt  that exposure.

Brent Ashcraft

• I found this Informative 1

ashcraft, brent allen