Fern Glen - Imperial, MO

Carajowebb

Help! I tried to take my two fossil enthusiast boys to the Fern Glen site in imperial, MO today. We found the “pink cliff” (I think), but still not sure we were in the right spot - it was quite overgrown near the road & seemed like private property on a dead end street. We ended up going to mastodon state park instead, but my boys were disappointed not to get to look for fossils. Any tips on best place to park near this site to safely & legally fossil hunt?!  Any tips are appreciated!

If you were at the right place you should be able to park on the road and bushwhack to the cliffs. I’ve parked there several times with no issues. 

• I found this Informative 2

• 2 years later...

If you went to the cliff off Seckman East that is private property and no one has permission to explore it.  Please stay off the property on the dead end street.

• I found this Informative 1

14 hours ago, DavBoe45 said:

If you went to the cliff off Seckman East that is private property and no one has permission to explore it.  Please stay off the property on the dead end street.

Thank you for this information. It helps to know what is off limits. :)

Are there No Trespassing signs posted?

We would hope and expect that anyone out in the field in this area would obey this directive, and that it is properly marked as off limits.

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Yes the property is marked with purple and no tresspessing signs.  Thank you.

Edited by DavBoe45
  • I found this Informative 1