Rosemary

I was wondering if the lower left white pieces with the straight row of circles are bryozoa. Secondly, I was wondering if the seemingly silver "rod" is animal or mineral. These samples are quite small and this is the best I can do as far as focus goes.

bryoID.jpg

You may be right about the bryozoans. The straight rod is not clear for me, but you have there crinoid columnals at the top of it, if I'm not wrong. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

You say "quite small", but is that silver thing just a few mm's long?  It could be a piece of a brachiopod spine also.  May be hard to ID without some more detail such as size, what the cross section looks like, etc.  Always interesting to zoom way in on this fossiliferous rock!

If this is the same thing, here is a broken piece. And, yes, they are a matter of 2 or 3mm. Very narrow. Not even a mm.

silver2.jpg

Of the ones I've seen, brachiopod spines often look silvery like that while crinoid spines don't. Presumably that's down to their different crystal structures.

• I found this Informative 1

Tarquin