deutscheben

I drew this coloring sheet to give out at an upcoming children's program I will be doing at the public library my mom works at. I have done two previous programs over the years on fossils and dinosaurs, but this time I am going to be concentrating on the fossils of Illinois. Of course, this includes our bizarre state fossil, the Tully Monster! The sheet features a Tullimonstrum front and center chasing after an Elonichthys, with a pair of Essexella making their way across the background. It's not the most scientifically accurate drawing, but I hope it will be fun to color! Feel free to download and share- I uploaded both JPEG and PDF versions. (The PDF version also has some descriptive text on it)

Scan0001.thumb.jpg.a2f5f2275a02dcf889f8cd2e9d87231f.jpg

tully monster coloring page smaller.pdf

• I found this Informative 6

Nice work. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it.

Crab-in-Pot-Well-Done-b.gif.f59e4894c46e240db98d2a46f5b23264.gif

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

I like it! I only have one question aren’t  the fins on the sides and not the top and bottom? Of course the kids won’t know or care either way. They should love it!

13 minutes ago, Randyw said:

I like it! I only have one question aren’t  the fins on the sides and not the top and bottom? Of course the kids won’t know or care either way. They should love it!

Geepers Randy, just rotate the page!

20190619_201123.png

;)

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

9 hours ago, Randyw said:

I used the reconstruction from the 2016 paper hypothesizing the Tully was a vertebrate as my inspiration: https://www.fieldmuseum.org/blog/tully-monster-vertebrate-or-enigma This idea is still being debated, but I wanted to use a recent proposal for my guide. 

• I found this Informative 1

9 hours ago, Pagurus said:

Nice work. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it.

Crab-in-Pot-Well-Done-b.gif.f59e4894c46e240db98d2a46f5b23264.gif

6 hours ago, gieserguy said:

I love this!!!

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, deutscheben said:

I used the reconstruction from the 2016 paper hypothesizing the Tully was a vertebrate as my inspiration: https://www.fieldmuseum.org/blog/tully-monster-vertebrate-or-enigma This idea is still being debated, but I wanted to use a recent proposal for my guide. 

Interesting! Thanks for posting that. I hadn’t seen that paper yet.

• 4 months later...

Nice coloring page.  

I like to see im not the only one who thinks the "probiscus" is specialized for hunting fish hatchlings.