Big rock, oddly shaped, from Michigan. Educate me.

HeiZ

A family member had this sitting next to their fireplace.  I am generally clueless, but I'll try and give you as much information as I can.  This was found partially buried in central Michigan in a field.  There's a lake in the general area.

Useful details:  Generally bowling ball sized.  About 35lb / 15kg, 12" (300mm) or so in the longer dimension.  Concrete like feeling to it.  It's non-ferrous.  

For all I know it was some junk leftover from someone pouring a sidewalk, that happened to take an interesting form.  Can anyone point me in a good direction of what this is?  Let me know if there's any more details that would help, and I can try to answer your question.

Slightly bigger images in the imgur link I put below.

https://imgur.com/a/SKTFon2

whatisthis3.jpg

whatisthis2.jpg

whatisthis1.jpg

very interesting :headscratch:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Looks like something from a SciFi movie.. 

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

7 minutes ago, daves64 said:

Looks like something from a SciFi movie.. 

Unhatched pod from "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". 

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Yep concretion. The lumps and ridges are likely rock that is more silica and the surrounding is more pure limestone. The limestone erodes easier than the silica and there you go.