Trading Jurassic Ostracods from Connecticut

Misha

Hello all,

I have recently acquired more fossilised Ostracods from here in Connecticut.

All of them are very different from each other and some come in plates as hash while others are more scattered but also whole.

The plates range in sizes but the ostracods are pretty much the same everywhere. 

Some plates also have clam shrimp.

These do not seem like particularly rare pieces although I have not seen any others from the Jurassic of CT.

In return I am mostly looking for any Paleozoic material but I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you everyone,

More pictures will follow in the comments.

IMG_20190621_005922.jpg

IMG_20190621_010007.jpg

IMG_20190621_005737.jpg

IMG_20190621_005707.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Misha, 

It looks like there are many conchostrachans mixed in with the ostracods. 

The conchostrachans are probably Cyzicus sp., while the ostracods are probably Darwinula sp.

These are really cool.  :) 

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Misha, 

It looks like there are many conchostrachans mixed in with the ostracods. 

The conchostrachans are probably Cyzicus sp., while the ostracods are probably Darwinula sp.

These are really cool.  :) 

That's awesome, 

I have kept a few for myself but I do not have the space to keep all of the ones I am finding,

I also feel that leaving them there to be worn away would be a waste of these neat creatures so now I am trying to share them with others here.

• I found this Informative 1

I am not sure you are wanting ostracods from other locations. If so, I can oblige. Here is a picture I put up a little while ago. The Platteville/ Ordovician is loaded with fairly large ostrocods

DSC_0139-002.thumb.JPG.0f2ac45e12521950a3694ad8736fa7f4.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

3 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

The Platteville/ Ordovician is loaded with fairly large ostrocods

If you're offering these for trade I would be happy to do so.

Actually, the plate shown is part of a fossil display I am creating for a museum in Grant Co. Wisconsin. I am sure I can find some very similar specimens. Just message me your address and in the next week or 2, I can mail you out some. If you are happy with the samples, then you could reciprocate.

Mike.

Anything from the Jurassic of the eastern USA is not common to me. I'd be interested in a couple of pieces dominated by each if you'd trade for Cretaceous or Eocene Fossils from SE NC.  Please PM me if you're interested in this proposal.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Plax said:

Anything from the Jurassic of the eastern USA is not common to me. I'd be interested in a couple of pieces dominated by each if you'd trade for Cretaceous or Eocene Fossils from SE NC.  Please PM me if you're interested in this proposal.

Thanks

PM sent