Pen and ink experiment

FossilsAnonymous

Hello,

While nowhere close to Kane’s prodigious talent, I decided to experiment today on pen and ink drawing a trilobite, e kingii to be exact. It took around 2 1/2 hours and for a first try I have to say I’m happy with the picture. First fully detailed pen and ink drawing and what better to draw than a trilobite! Thanks for looking,

FA

7E67E282-CB07-412E-85C9-731F33717778.thumb.jpeg.730571ad36a0d3ae63f9700aa79342d3.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Good job for the first time!:dinothumb:

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

4 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Good job for the first time!:dinothumb:

Thanks. Still have LOTS of work to do!

Drawing is a wonderful exercise in observation, and you have carefully studied many of the details of your subject, and transferred those details to the paper. I'm sure that next time you work on a similar drawing you will notice even more details. And the next attempt will hone your skills even further. And again the next time. And the next. You've made a great start! Keep it up!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

A very fine first try! :dinothumb: Once you've drawn one, more will likely follow. Set up new challenges to further refine your techniques, and perhaps by this time next year it would be interesting to see you draw this specimen again to note how far you've progressed with patient practice and observation (you'll likely find your skills improve very quickly with practice). Trilobites are definitely a lot trickier to draw than they look, as each segment is similar but unique. 

Keep going, young sir! I hope to see more coming from your pen in the days and years to come. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Nice drawing indeed. Just adding to Kane’s good advice. Drawing takes practice and improves with it. Remember if you stop drawing for some time your stills will suffer until you get back into drawing regularly . Keep up the good work. All the best Bobby 

13 hours ago, Pagurus said:

Drawing is a wonderful exercise in observation, and you have carefully studied many of the details of your subject, and transferred those details to the paper. I'm sure that next time you work on a similar drawing you will notice even more details. And the next attempt will hone your skills even further. And again the next time. And the next. You've made a great start! Keep it up!

Thank you... I wonder if you draw shark teeth your eyes get used to seeing them??:heartylaugh:

1 hour ago, Kane said:

A very fine first try! :dinothumb: Once you've drawn one, more will likely follow. Set up new challenges to further refine your techniques, and perhaps by this time next year it would be interesting to see you draw this specimen again to note how far you've progressed with patient practice and observation (you'll likely find your skills improve very quickly with practice). Trilobites are definitely a lot trickier to draw than they look, as each segment is similar but unique. 

Keep going, young sir! I hope to see more coming from your pen in the days and years to come. :) 

Thank you, I’ll definitely keep practicing. I really enjoy pen and ink and will definitely try to improve the best I can.

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Nice drawing indeed. Just adding to Kane’s good advice. Drawing takes practice and improves with it. Remember if you stop drawing for some time your stills will suffer until you get back into drawing regularly . Keep up the good work. All the best Bobby 

Thanks Mr Bobby, I’ll surely keep drawing. It’s a very good way to get my fossil itch sated when I can’t hunt!

Good start!

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley