Hello, so i was thinking about buying this tooth, what do you think of it? is it real?

Thanks.

IMG_7800_1024x1024.png

IMG_7801_1024x1024.png

IMG_7802_1024x1024.jpg

It's a real Carcharodontosaurid indet. Either Sauroniops pachytholus or Carcharodontosaurus saharicus. It might have a bit fill near the tip and it's a bit in a rough condition, but it looks real.

• I found this Informative 1

I would pass on the tooth the preservation is very poor and there is some fill added. A lot better specimens out there.

• I found this Informative 2

9 minutes ago, Troodon said:

I would pass on the tooth the preservation is very poor and there is some fill added. A lot better specimens out there.

How much would you pay for it? it is 2.37 inches 

Yes looks like a Carch tooth. It's very worn and some parts seem to be fabricated. I would stay away from it.

I highlighted the part I have most trouble with. The outside seems to be covered with Matrix. Either to hide something or to restore the missing part completely

5d1208e404cb1_Capture_2019-06-25-13-39-39-1.thumb.png.f41b934ac2ede85f994efd02bad0174b.png

• I found this Informative 2

24 minutes ago, anastasis008 said:

How much would you pay for it? it is 2.37 inches 

This is a bit of a roundabout way of asking for valuation.

Please remember that we do not offer valuations on the forum, as per our forum rules. Thank you for your cooperation. :) 

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

There are plenty of other ( better! ) examples of these teeth out there for sale.

I would definately save your money on this "Frankentooth"  and wait to get one of those nicer ones.

3 hours ago, Abstraktum said:

Yes looks like a Carch tooth. It's very worn and some parts seem to be fabricated. I would stay away from it.

I highlighted the part I have most trouble with. The outside seems to be covered with Matrix. Either to hide something or to restore the missing part completely

5d1208e404cb1_Capture_2019-06-25-13-39-39-1.thumb.png.f41b934ac2ede85f994efd02bad0174b.png

Yep, I’m seeing what’s others have mentioned. The upper part of the tooth has been restored. There’s lots of these teeth on the market. Personally, I would keep looking for a nicer tooth with more serrations present :trex:

Well, it's something for the kids to play or for their first dino fossil in the collection perhaps  - but nothing more, because as already said: very bad condition, resto and rocked down.

Much better material on the market (sure, it depends always on the money...).

@anastasis008

Please use the Private Message (PM) system to make requests to other members regarding opinions of value.  Thanks.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

If this is just for the kids to play with, I'd just get some cheapy Mosasaur teeth and let them go at them.

6 hours ago, caldigger said:

If this is just for the kids to play with, I'd just get some cheapy Mosasaur teeth and let them go at them.

Small Mosasaur teeth (M. beaugei, Qued Zem) was indeed the first fossil that i gave to the fossil collection of my son.....usually you get them for something between 5 and 50 Euros, depending on the quality....