Jlaw87

This is something I found most recently, at a sandbar in a coastal South Carolina creek. I don't have the slightest idea what it could be. My 7 year old is convinced that it is a fossil of an ancient loggerhead sea turtle lol. I think that its probably a piece of I don't know but its interesting enough for me to stick in my pocket to bring home lol any help is greatly appreciated 

20190627_155912.jpg

20190627_155923.jpg

I dont think this is a fossil, but something man-made. No clue as to what, though.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I dont think this is a fossil, but something man-made. No clue as to what, though.

I agree, the river we kayak in is situated along several old plantation sites, dating back to the 1700's. The amount of garbage we find versus cool stuff is daunting 

Possibly pottery/ ceramic?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Possibly pottery/ ceramic?

That was my first thought as well but it doesn't seem heavy enough for the pottery I usually find out here....*duh moment* I haven't compared it with any native Indian pottery yet. I'll give that a shot next. 

What sound does it make when it hits something? I agree that it is likely man-made. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason