Darktooth

I wanted to let everyone know about our upcoming Mineral and fossil show held in Syracuse New York. If you have not already seen it posted on the forum's calendar of events, our show is Gemworld 2019. It is hosted by the Syracuse Gem & Mineral Society. It will be held at the New York State Fairgrounds Center of Progress Building Saturday July 13 from 10am- 6pm and Sunday July 14 from 10am- 4pm. If you will be in the area that weekend please come buy and check it out. I believe we do put on a great show. This year I will be helping out in the youth area making beaded bracelets for the kids. The lady who usually does this cant make it and needed someone to fill in. I will be there for most of both days. I will also have a display of my sharkteeth. There is plenty to see, and plenty to buy.:D Presentations will be given and there are other activities for kids. So fun for the whole family. Hope to see you there!

Dave

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Sorry Darktooth I’ll be at the Calvert Sharkfest helping with the tables and displays! Sounds cool though...

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

20 minutes ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Sorry Darktooth I’ll be at the Calvert Sharkfest helping with the tables and displays! Sounds cool though...

Please tell me about that? Is that a sharktooth fossil show? And where is it?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

12 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Please tell me about that? Is that a sharktooth fossil show? And where is it?

On July 13 from 10 to 5 at the Calvert Marine Museum with a lot of paleontologists and collectors displaying and talking about their stuff. It’s pretty cool

1 hour ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

On July 13 from 10 to 5 at the Calvert Marine Museum with a lot of paleontologists and collectors displaying and talking about their stuff. It’s pretty cool

Sounds like a good time. Have fun!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

Sounds like a good time. Have fun!

Thanks, will do.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got done working Gemworld 2019 for the day. I was a very busy day working the sluice. I didnt have time to take pictures of all the goods but amid squeezed in a few minutes of shopping before the show started. I went to my favorite fossil dealer who has a great variety of items and of course sharkteeth while trying to decide which of the nice Augutidens I was going to purchase, the dealer says, "Hey here is a tooth I bet you dont have, but any serious sharktooth collector would be a fool to pass up!" He pulls out an Alopias grandes! And at a great price. 

20190713_185420.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Tomorrow  I will try to get some pics of the show. There is some really great stuff. My only other purchases were riker mounts and I got some floating frames for a decent price as well. I have been wanting those for awhile.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

32 minutes ago, Al Tahan said:

Very nice dave! :meg:

Thanks Al! You should try to come Tomorrow, there are some great deals to be had! Some very nice trilos! Only a hop, skip, and a jump from your neck of the woods.:D

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

21 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Thanks Al! You should try to come Tomorrow, there are some great deals to be had! Some very nice trilos! Only a hop, skip, and a jump from your neck of the woods.:D

But it will be difficult to carry any purchases when he is hopping, skipping and jumping back to the woods!  ;)

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

But it will be difficult to carry any purchases when he is hopping, skipping and jumping back to the woods!  ;)

That is what a backpack is for! And he is young, so he can handle it!:)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

Oh man! I may be able to make it lol

Like Nike says" Just Do It!B)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Yesrlterday we wrapped up the second and final day of the show. It was a great time and very, busy. Unfortunately we were short staffed and I barely had time to shop let alone take pics. I am truly sorry for that. Both days were spent working the sluice which is a big draw for the kids. It stayed packed most of both days. Sometimes we would get a lull for about 5 minutes and then the madness would start all over. My boys did a wonderful of helping out so I gave them money when they said there was something they saw that they wanted. Dylan had no problem deciding and apparently wasnt too concerned about how much of my money he spent because he asked me for cash a few times. Devin on the other hand bought one non-fossil trinket and couldn't decide on anything else. I told him if he couldn't decide, then I would make a decision for him and surprise him. So Dylan ended up buying a nice gator and raptor tooth and a couple non fossil purchases. I decided for Devin, it was about time for Dino stuff so I got him a spine and a raptor tooth. The look on his face when we got home was priceless. I told both of them how proud I was of their help and that I didnt mind buying them some goodies since they did a fantastic job! I could tell that it meant alot to them. Here is their score!

20190715_193710.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I did not buy a thing else for myself on day 2. I did get my wife a necklace. Last night I put some of my sharkteeth in the floating frames that I bought and I absolutely love them! I got to get more! Tonight I put some my wife and kids sharkteeth finds in the riker mounts which I also bought on day one. These are my wife's

20190715_191819.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Nice teeth!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing