anastasis008

2 hours ago, Kane said:

You were already given fairly good advice when you posted this initially in another topic. In future, you may wish to follow up with questions on the existing topic you made rather than start new ones for the same piece.

I've merged this topic with your original posting.

Oh I am sorry I didn't think people would see it after that time I am still learning about the forum.

I recommend you DO NOT soak this in water! When I prepped my tooth in matrix similar to this I would use an eye dropper to put a drop or two on the area I was working on only and drying it off when I moved to another area. There is likely to be other pieces of bone in this pieces there often are. On my piece I found several fish vertebrae and other bone pieces in with it. The ones I prepped out dry were more solid. Some I let soak out of matrix as an experiment and they crumbled when I touched them. So a little water may help but a lot can be bad medicine.

I would shy away from using water to prep it all together. It is best to hand prep these things dry or at least add consolidant as you go to help strengthen the bones.

Dorensigbadges.JPG