Entire collection of unknown fossils found

loriwaitsstudios

I live in lexington ky.  While filling in a pond for a lady i found a dino tooth, as i loojed aroynd it seemed lije it must have been a fossil bed they got the rock from.  I have a small collection of about 150 fossils,  ive notices alot of embedded teeth, complete heads (mainly reptile i belueve) to be honest im a gem and rock hound anyway so knowing we had to bury these again in the pond, has made me very ill.  Where is a small overall photo.  I will inquire individually.  Thanks in advance

20190629_075016-1~2.jpg

39 minutes ago, loriwaitsstudios said:

ive notices alot of embedded teeth, complete heads (mainly reptile i belueve)

I don't see any fossils here. 

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Lori, unfortunately I don't see as my fossils here. You have a plate full of multi colored rocks.

I am interested in your comment on not feeling good about having to bury these back in the pond.

Why would you need to do that if these caught your collecting interests?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

This one looks like a fossil horn coral 

BCE9BE6B-3AB9-4546-9640-5BF2AA0D4EE9.jpeg

We need better pictures in good light and individuality taken but sorry I can’t see any reptile material.

• I found this Informative 2

There's three there that appear to be coral fossils and a couple of others that have bits of fossil shell in them. The rest are just interesting rocks.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Sorry, but Lexington is smack dab in the middle of Ordovician aged bedrock. 

Much too old for dinosaurs. :unsure: 

Sea creature fossils will be the only types of fossils found there, like shells and horn corals.. 

4da45bc6-580b-4f6c-a599-97ddaa2fb65f.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

A couple of those solitary rugose 'horn' corals look pretty nice. :)

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

You have a very nice lot of transported material, I don't know from where and how. I can see nice solitary rugose and colonial corals there and an interesting silex (flint/chert/etc.) nodule that caught my eyes. :)

20190620_155302.jpg.73f1cb9293bddcbe5fe1eb95ffd77876.jpg.8892837d798f5f9022fa2efc8f67d9b2.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Welcome to the forum! These 4 look to be solitary rugose corals. They are commonly called “horn coral”, as they are quite often mistaken for horns or teeth as you mentioned. 

9FAB05D7-DEDB-49CC-A29E-335447F0A275.jpeg.c197f8b1315af9f16aa5d7a9ea8f302f.jpeg

I live in Kentucky as well. @Fossildude19 is right. You won’t find any dinosaur or reptile fossils in the Lexington area. Not naturally occurring anyway... Look on the bright side... Your fossils are hundreds of million years older than the dinosaurs! With a few notable exceptions, most of the fossils found in Kentucky are ancient sea life. We even took all of the brachiopods as our state fossil. We have so many we couldn’t pick just one! ;) 

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Cool finds anyway, even though they are not dino teeth. Here is a video about horn corals. It will give you idea what kind of fossils they are.

You can say you have coral reef in your backyard now (or at home wherever you decide to keep them). 

I once found a pile of strange rocks in the backyard of a rented house. A geologist just discarded some specimens he was collecting on a trip. Could it be a similar case? 

I believe they may have been shipped in,  they came from a local buyer and when they put the pond in 10 years. ago, amoung the flagstine they had this delivered as well.  The lady lives in a very high end of part of town, she is from jeruselum.  I have several geods as well.  I will post more with better photos.  This is so exciting.  Thank you for all your comments. I am going to upload about 20 specimens, should i do it here or start a new one?

a lot of these are geological flint, chert ect but you do have 3 rugose horn corals.