Sign in to follow this  
fossilshk

Devonian Fish And Cambrian Fossil

fossilshk

I want to collect some Devonian fish and Cambrian fossil from Canada.Any body can suggest how can I find it?Or recommend some seller?

Thank you!!

fig rocks

That's going to be hard with the laws we've got up here! :notfair:

fossilshk

That's going to be hard with the laws we've got up here! :notfair:

Why!?? No fossils market in Canada?? :wacko: But I can see many ammonite and dinosaur for sale.....

fig rocks

Ammonite can be sold with a permit but I don't think dino bones can be sold. :blink:

Northern Sharks

You can find Cambrian trilobites on ebay and various dealers (google Canada trilobite for sale). Burgess Shale is off limits to collecting, so good luck finding anything for sale. Fig and the other Albertans would know more about the dinosaur regulations than I would, but I don`t think the bones are allowed to leave the province. I can`t say as I`ve ever heard of Devonian fish other than the odd scales from Hungry Hollow. There are Misssissipian fish from the east coast (Radinicthys)

post-77-12559941106683_thumb.jpg

fig rocks

We have a guy at the Tyrell museum here who spends his days perusing Ebay and other sites looking for people selling Alberta fossils illicitly. He's also been known to show up at stores around the province looking for illegal fossils! They call him the Fossil Cop! :blink: :ph34r: :zoro:

Frank Menser

post-1313-12562395269336_thumb.jpgpost-1313-12562395573735_thumb.jpgpost-1313-12562396140461_thumb.jpg

You might try on line with thefossilmall.com. They have some dealers who carry out of the ordinary fish including some Devonian types. Not an easy group of fish to collect.

fig rocks

I should point out that if the fossil is under$500 value the Heritage Canada permits do not apply but if you think that it will facilitate the export of the fossil the Customs officer has the authority to issue the permit on the spot. The lady to talk to in Heritage Canada is Jennifer Muller. :)