DDD

Why No Colorado Activity?

DDD

Pretty quiet, Colorado!

Any WIPS members here?

Dan

tracer

i've often wondered myself why there isn't more coroladoan hobnobbization here, but i figured they were all out skiing or something.

DDD

i've often wondered myself why there isn't more coroladoan hobnobbization here, but i figured they were all out skiing or something.

Too busy fossiling to talk about it, I guess... :)

Mr. Edonihce

HA! :P

This is so funny. I thought the same thing the first time I came here. I was going to start trying to get some of my CO paleo pals to coe in here....I did tell the WIPS board about this place one time, but I gave them the wrong address :P ....I said it's paleoforum.com.

I will try again.

We have our next general meeting this coming Monday night. If it seems appropriate to the other leaders, I will try to get the forum mentioned during announcements.

In fact, I'm going to send the board a message about it right now......DONE! :)

Seldom

I heard Nick had the whole state under lease so only he could hunt there

Powell

I'd really appreciate it if anyone had any times or information for Colorado.

Will be living there for a few years starting next month.

Thanks!

Mr. Edonihce

I'd really appreciate it if anyone had any times or information for Colorado.

Will be living there for a few years starting next month.

Thanks!

Depends on what you mean by "times or information", but if you're going to be anywhere near the greater Denver area, I strongly suggested hooking up with WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society).

We meet at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science (usually the first Monday of the month), and lead field trips throughout the year (mostly late spring-thru-early fall).

Placoderms

Depends on what you mean by "times or information", but if you're going to be anywhere near the greater Denver area, I strongly suggested hooking up with WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society).

We meet at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science (usually the first Monday of the month), and lead field trips throughout the year (mostly late spring-thru-early fall).

I was fortunate enough to attend a couple of WIPS meetings and was very impressed. I also liked the paleo books at the museum library.

Mr. Edonihce, guess what... we are building a new Data Center!

I still need to get a shipment out to you, PM me your address again in the next couple of weeks if you don't mind.

Mr. Edonihce

I was fortunate enough to attend a couple of WIPS meetings and was very impressed. I also liked the paleo books at the museum library.

Mr. Edonihce, guess what... we are building a new Data Center!

I still need to get a shipment out to you, PM me your address again in the next couple of weeks if you don't mind.

Wow!....new data center....can I get in on it? :P

I will definitely PM you right away :-)

32fordboy

Woah, how did I miss this one? I'd love to fossil hunt here in Colorado, but my main interest is Pleistocene mammals and I think you have to be pretty lucky to stumble upon that age group here (like those lucky little kids who found the mastodon remains recently). If anybody here in Colorado wants to go on a group dig, I am SO IN!

Nick

Mr. Edonihce

Woah, how did I miss this one? I'd love to fossil hunt here in Colorado, but my main interest is Pleistocene mammals and I think you have to be pretty lucky to stumble upon that age group here (like those lucky little kids who found the mastodon remains recently). If anybody here in Colorado wants to go on a group dig, I am SO IN!

Nick

Hi, Nick.

I don't specifically know of any Pleistocene localities, but I'd be into going on a hunt some time.

If you don't know about us yet, I strongly suggested hooking up with WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.wipsppc.com).

I imagine at least a few people in WIPS know about the Pleistocene in CO.