Total Newbie - Any ideas what these are? (Western NY, Livingston County)

KelseyM

Hi all! 
I'm a hobby hunter who normally visits Penn Dixie near Buffalo NY for my fossils where they tell me what everything is if I can't ID it myself. But my mom went for a hike recently in our creek (Groveland, Livingston County, NY, USA) and came back with these three fossils. At least, we're pretty sure they're fossils! I'm sorry that the measurements are in inches, my mom doesn't have anything with metric measurements on it. Each square is 1inch (~2.5cm)

I tried to give her the best instructions to take pictures like the pinned post, and this is what I got lol. I'm going to attach them each to separate messages so they don't get all jumbled.

Here's the first one:

65649751_2344521862477926_1862307753804955648_n.jpg

65507229_518921425314553_9073089606454345728_n.jpg

You may have a fragment of a nautiloid.  The second photo seems to show the siphuncle penetrating a septum.  

Don

• I found this Informative 2

32 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

You may have a fragment of a nautiloid.  The second photo seems to show the siphuncle penetrating a septum.  

Don

Thanks Don! Although, I'll be honest and say I have to google most of that :ighappy:

You are welcome.  And googling is fine, that's a good way to learn.  If you still have questions you can ask them here of course.

Don

47 minutes ago, KelseyM said:

Thanks Don! Although, I'll be honest and say I have to google most of that :ighappy:

A Google each day keeps the cobwebs away.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!