Madagascan tooth - croc or dinosaur

fossils-uk

Hi guys 

just recently picked this up from the st Marie show. Not alot of information except it came from Madagascar. I bought this in conjunction with a rappetosaurus tooth also from Madagascar that has the same patina and look. 

the question is what is it? Crocodile? or is it something a bit more interesting and dinosaurian? 

always interested in your advice and help. 

best wishes

byron 

IMG_6523.thumb.JPG.9d365e1d3b77532f19a8bda1c2b1e42a.JPGIMG_6524.thumb.JPG.c20b83c4895629f1eb0e523e54569a8e.JPGIMG_6522.thumb.JPG.4e893edc08c63e6173aa2af2badd50ad.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

I am not familiar with Madagascar’s fauna, but to me it looks like a serrated posterior Croc/Gator tooth.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

The tooth belongs to Razanandrongobe sakalavae a mesoeucrocodylian from the jurassic of Madagascar , Isalo III formation.  Was once thought to be dinosaurian but in 2017 paleontologists identified what type of creature it was.  Nice tooth.

Like to see the Rapetosaurus tooth never seen one for sale

• I found this Informative 1

@Troodon Thank you so much. Very interesting and something new to add to my knowledge. just seen your post on the Eusauropod teeth from madagascar too and pretty sure I have one of these as well. :-) 

thank you again.