FossilDAWG

Lovely phyllocarid! :wub: :wub:  I'm envious!  Stopping in at DSR has become a regular thing on my trips between Ontario and Georgia, but I have yet to score an Echinocaris, let alone one that nice.  One of these days it'll happen.

Don 

FossilDAWG

Wow, you did have a fantastic day!!  :trilowalk: :trilo: :trilo: :trilowalk:

Don

Pagurus

You know it's not normal to get this excited by a clam, don't you Jeff?  ;)   This is why I'm so grateful to have found TFF and friends like you and Tim. I'm glad you had an enjoyable and successful expotition.

Ludwigia

Congrats on the great finds, Jeff!

Darktooth

Great Report and nice finds Jeff! I am glad that you and Tim had good time!

The Amateur Paleontologist

Very nice report, Jeffrey :) Those are some really cool finds - especially the phyllocarid!!

-Christian

Al Tahan

That phyllocarid is just like the one I got from DSR in May!! Wow. What an amazing find Jeff!! Stunning 

Funny thing is I went to Briggs and DSR on a super short 3 hour hunt on Sunday the 30th haha. I was also at penn Dixie and ran into James the day before on Saturday. I did 90 minutes at each spot on sunday. found a really really quality greenops from Briggs rd. I was going to do a very short post showing the best few finds from the weekend. just hard to find time lol. 

Those greenops are really nice as well!! 3 in one day! My best is only 2. What an amazing day!

GordonC

How wonderful Jeff. Looks like we'll  have to hit those spots with you so keep us in mind.

Am also going to try that technique of going into the bushes and emerge to find stuff, on my next outing here.  Gordon

Peat Burns

:wub:

ynot

Tis raining trilobites over there! Nice finds!

You had quite the day, thanks for sharing.

Mark Kmiecik
On 7/4/2019 at 1:11 PM, Pagurus said:

You know it's not normal to get this excited by a clam, don't you Jeff?  ;)   This is why I'm so grateful to have found TFF and friends like you and Tim. I'm glad you had an enjoyable and successful expotition.

Except on this forum. It's like a dating site for people who are into clams. You know who you are! Yeah, me too. :D:default_clap2:

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, FossilDAWG said:

Lovely phyllocarid! :wub: :wub:  I'm envious!  Stopping in at DSR has become a regular thing on my trips between Ontario and Georgia, but I have yet to score an Echinocaris, let alone one that nice.  One of these days it'll happen.

Don 

Thanks Don. I already have a number of specimens of phyllocarids I collected back in 2014-2015 at DSR. I haven't found any recently until now so I'm pretty stoked. What have you been finding at DSR?

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, Pagurus said:

Thanks Mike. Hope to see you there again.

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 2:19 PM, Ludwigia said:

Congrats on the great finds, Jeff!

Thanks Roger. 

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, Darktooth said:

Great Report and nice finds Jeff! I am glad that you and Tim had good time!

Thanks Dave. Hopefully we'll see you there again one of these times.

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 3:04 PM, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Very nice report, Jeffrey :) Those are some really cool finds - especially the phyllocarid!!

-Christian

Thanks Christian. 

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 4:38 PM, Al Tahan said:

That phyllocarid is just like the one I got from DSR in May!! Wow. What an amazing find Jeff!! Stunning 

Funny thing is I went to Briggs and DSR on a super short 3 hour hunt on Sunday the 30th haha. I was also at penn Dixie and ran into James the day before on Saturday. I did 90 minutes at each spot on sunday. found a really really quality greenops from Briggs rd. I was going to do a very short post showing the best few finds from the weekend. just hard to find time lol. 

Those greenops are really nice as well!! 3 in one day! My best is only 2. What an amazing day!

Thanks Al. I do hope you find the time to post your finds. 

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, GordonC said:

How wonderful Jeff. Looks like we'll  have to hit those spots with you so keep us in mind.

Am also going to try that technique of going into the bushes and emerge to find stuff, on my next outing here.  Gordon

Hi Gordon. Thanks for the positive commentary. You definitely have to check out DSR someday. Also try picking up a rock and throwing it down to break it. That technique has worked well for me on my last two trips. 

Jeffrey P
On 7/4/2019 at 10:57 PM, Peat Burns said:

:wub:

Till the next time you come.

Jeffrey P
On 7/5/2019 at 12:41 AM, ynot said:

Tis raining trilobites over there! Nice finds!

You had quite the day, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Tony. This made up for the past two trips I was skunked on trilobites though I did find other interesting stuff. Still looking to collect some Triassic ammonites this fall in Nevada. 

Jeffrey P
On 7/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, Mark Kmiecik said:

Except on this forum. It's like a dating site for people who are into clams. You know who you are! Yeah, me too. :D:default_clap2:

My Middle Devonian and Cretaceous bivalves are certainly one of the highlights of my collection. Glad to see there are at least a few others who are into that.

FossilNerd

Thanks for the report Jeff! Glad you and Tim were able to get out and enjoy the day together. Some nice finds as well! :)  

FossilDAWG
4 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

Thanks Don. I already have a number of specimens of phyllocarids I collected back in 2014-2015 at DSR. I haven't found any recently until now so I'm pretty stoked. What have you been finding at DSR?

Lots of nice bivalves and brachiopods, a few gastropods, hyolithids and some straight-shelled nautiloids, a complete Greenops and an Eldredgeops lacking the pygidium, and one rhinocarid phyllocarid.  I've only been able to stop by a couple of times and only for an hour or two as I am always behind schedule to be in Ottawa or else it's late in the day and I'm dealing with fading daylight.  One of these days I'll have to time things to meet up with Forum folks for a more extended stay.

Don