What is this bigger shark tooth?

Letsurf

I just moved to FL recently and my dad is visiting from MO. We decided to try to find some sharks teeth so headed to Manasota Key to hunt on the beach. We were there for a few hours and found a bunch of smaller teeth. On the way out I found this larger one but it looks really old and rounded compared to a lot of the black ones I've seen. This is only the 2nd time I've been shark tooth hunting here so I have no idea what I'm doing. Is this a megeladon tooth? Any way to determine the age of this one compared to the black ones? 

20190707_021455.jpg

20190707_021806.jpg

20190707_021815.jpg

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Looks more like a hoof core than a tooth.

Can We see picture of the wide end straight on?

20190707_120946.jpg

20190707_120956.jpg

20190707_121010.jpg

100% a meg. You can see the faint outline of the bourlette.

• I found this Informative 1

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

That is really, REALLY worn, and yet it is a desirable specimen. Why is that?

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

1 hour ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

That is really, REALLY worn, and yet it is a desirable specimen. Why is that?

When I first picked it up I thought it was a rock because of the color and texture. It looks petrified so I thought it may be older than the shiny black ones. I figure it is less desireable than one with a nice shape and details. 

Just now, Letsurf said:

When I first picked it up I thought it was a rock because of the color and texture. It looks petrified so I thought it may be older than the shiny black ones. I figure it is less desireable than one with a nice shape and details. 

No, seriously. I really meant it. I would want that in my collection as a example of the extreme wear it can exhibit and still be identified as a fossil.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

3 hours ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

No, seriously. I really meant it. I would want that in my collection as a example of the extreme wear it can exhibit and still be identified as a fossil.

So it's that bad huh lol. I just thought it was common. Maybe that's why I found it because others may have passed it up? Is it common to find larger teeth on the beaches like Manasota Key and Venice? I was starting to get the impression that to get a bigger one I needed to go to the rivers or creeks and do some exploring.