I bought this today and I want to know what species it is could anyone help me out?

Milo

I bought this today at a market and would like to know what species it is and if it’s real I’m pretty sure it’s real but you never know the guy that sold it to me said it was from Madagascar and some other stuff but he said it all in a different language so I didn’t know what he said. Sorry for the noob question! Thanks for any help :)9339D53D-5A03-41F5-B489-4A8AACEAAA7C.thumb.jpeg.c7cfaf17a0d0eaec8b9fe28b6f9b757e.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

Looks like a real fish fossil in a concretion. I'm not familiar with fish concretions or the fossils of Madagascar but I'm sure someone on the forum has seen something like this before and will soon chime in.

Cheers.

-Ken

Ya, not a whole lot of detail on the fish left to go on.

I agree it is real, but "fish nodule" might be as far as you can go with the ID.

Look at the opening posts in the ID topic and you will find one on these Madagascar fish.  Titled: Triassic fishes of Madagascar; A guide.  It may give you something to look for that is not visable in your picture. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Seems to be a Pteronisculus cicatrosus from the Early Triassic of Ambilobe, Madagascar.

Thomas

• I found this Informative 2

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).