Differences between woolly mammoth skull and elephant skulls

SimpleCollector100

I see clear differences between woolly rhino and today's rhinos but I am not sure it is as clear when looking at mammoth skulls vs modern elephant skulls? Maybe someone that is pretty experienced would help me spot the difference.

I am looking at jaws & other bones for sale and I would not want to buy  modern elephant bones. 

Thanks

When looking at the skeletons of both animals, the tusks are generally larger and more curled than on an elephant (Asian or African), additionally the molars are different looking. Here is a helpful link to another thread on the forum that discusses that.  

For individual bones I'm not sure if there is a way to determine, but there are likely slight differences in their anatomies.

Hope this helps

-PN

5 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

When looking at the skeletons of both animals, the tusks are generally larger and more curled than on an elephant (Asian or African), additionally the molars are different looking. Here is a helpful link to another thread on the forum that discusses that.  

For individual bones I'm not sure if there is a way to determine, but there are likely slight differences in their anatomies.

Hope this helps

-PN

Thank you, that's a start even if it's for teeth. Will read