jwfornow

My son and I had a wonderful July4th weekend on Tybee Island (near Savannah). We went in a boat with Sundial Charters to look for fossils along the Savannah River. The Captain and mate were the nicest people, so much history and interesting ecology and nature (we saw dolphins and white pelicans) - I had gone with the same company 10 years ago :). I’m curious if I’ve labeled the teeth correctly and if anyone knows the type of vertebrae or what that piece is in the lower right, please chime in! Thanks 

B61BAE0D-4B6D-41C2-B010-349E01DE88A1.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Nice finds! It would be best if you took close-up pics of the particular items that you would like identified. They are to small to see well with the current pic provided. Glad that you had a good time.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

4 hours ago, jwfornow said:

I’m curious if I’ve labeled the teeth correctly

Like Dave the @Darktooth danger ... said, closer pics would be better but for the most part they are correct. That is a ray partial tooth plate that is labeled as a barb. 

I will say the tooth closest to 'tiger' is a tiger tooth. The 4 to the left of that however are Carcharhinus sp. requiem shark teeth. Very common for that area. 

Good haul !

Cheers,

Brett

Definitely need some closer shots of items needing ID. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Thanks to everyone! I had tried to post a closer pic and it didn't work, I'll try again

Fossil Savannah a vertebra.jpg

Fossil Savannah possibly a tooth.jpg

Fossil Savannah a tooth   2.jpg