Good Shows about Fossils/ natural history?

SimpleCollector100

Hi,

I know back when cable was big there were channels like the discovery channel, history channel, etc. 

Anyone have a good list of shows that are good in terms of factual educational content  of things like natural history + fossils?

I am happy to pay for these shows/videos. Youtube is also welcomed. Audio books are another option but I prefer video.

Thank you

There's a good series on YouTube called

"Paleo World" you might enjoy.

I've never had cable/ satellite television so I can't help you there.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

There's a lot of material on YouTube that's both enjoyable and informative. The Paleo World series that caldigger mentioned is good and most of what was once on cable is now available on YouTube also as well as some of the classics that were actually shot on film.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

40 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

There's a lot of material on YouTube that's both enjoyable and informative. The Paleo World series that caldigger mentioned is good and most of what was once on cable is now available on YouTube also as well as some of the classics that were actually shot on film.

Great. What would those classics & other shows be called?

5 minutes ago, SimpleCollector100 said:

Great. What would those classics & other shows be called?

Just put the name David Attenborough into the search window for starters.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

There's a good series on YouTube called

"Paleo World" you might enjoy.

I've never had cable/ satellite television so I can't help you there.

I second this :D just look at my username!

For something that is more focused on fossils themselves, the David Attenborough series "Lost Worlds, Vanished Lives" is excellent. 

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

There is also the docu-movie "Dinosaur 13". The story of the Larsens, and the T-Rex,"Sue". 

• I found this Informative 1

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png MotM August 2023 - Eclectic Collector

11 hours ago, Yoda said:

There is also the docu-movie "Dinosaur 13". The story of the Larsens, and the T-Rex,"Sue". 

Most excellent to get an idea of the whole process of collecting. If you Google "dinosaur" and click on videos you'll get more results than you can handle for a long time.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

On 7/8/2019 at 3:06 AM, Yoda said:

We just watched it a couple of weeks ago.  It was pretty good.  I had never heard the story until then.  The 'Walking with Dinosaurs' BBC series and follow up 'Walking with Prehistoric Beasts' are worth looking into. 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:20 AM, Paleoworld-101 said:

For something that is more focused on fossils themselves, the David Attenborough series "Lost Worlds, Vanished Lives" is excellent. 

I agree

“First Life with David Attenborough” is a great two-part series. I listen to it all the time.