Tyrannosaurus-wreck

Hi! I'm new to fossil hunting and I went to the Calvert Cliffs formation in Maryland this week. I collected these fossil looking pieces, but I'm having trouble identifying them and whether or not any are actual teeth (shark or other animal) or teeth fossilized in something. Any help would be appreciated! 

20190710_200606.jpg

Edited by Tyrannosaurus-wreck

If you could take more pictures, with fewer specimens in each batch, that would be really helpful in getting an accurate ID. #55 is almost definitely a shark tooth from what I can see, but you've got a lot of shell fragment in that collection, and we need a better look at what else is in there. A bigger, brighter look. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, NedFredHead said:

If you could take more pictures, with fewer specimens in each batch, that would be really helpful in getting an accurate ID. #55 is almost definitely a shark tooth from what I can see, but you've got a lot of shell fragment in that collection, and we need a better look at what else is in there. A bigger, brighter look. Thank you!

Thanks for responding!! Are these any better? 

20190710_202549.jpg

20190710_202543.jpg

Hmm. The overwhelming majority of what you've got here are shell fragments. #55 might be a shark tooth, and there may be a few other vertebrate fossils in there, but I can't tell with these photos on my rinkydink little Chromebook. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

7 minutes ago, NedFredHead said:

Hmm. The overwhelming majority of what you've got here are shell fragments. #55 might be a shark tooth, and there may be a few other vertebrate fossils in there, but I can't tell with these photos on my rinkydink little Chromebook. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Cool!

No problem, I appreciate the response! :)

I am not seeing any shark teeth here even on #55.  Pretty much all shell and barnacle fragments. Sorry, keep looking though, they are out there.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I know to most people this is an "Aww, cute kitty!" picture.

But I have seen this "You have 2 seconds before I claw your hand to shreds" look a time or two. ;)

20190710_180515.png

Still a cute kitty, regardless.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

16 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I know to most people this is an "Aww, cute kitty!" picture.

But I have seen this "You have 2 seconds before I claw your hand to shreds" look a time or two. ;)

20190710_180515.png

Lol! It's also a black-footed cat,  so that could be quite literal with him :)

Thanks for your help! I'll have to look harder next time