Closer look at Horse teeth

PODIGGER

I have been working with Shellseeker in PM's on identifying several horse teeth found in the Peace River this spring.  His input has been extremely helpful and we have narrowed down almost all.  The two shown here raised the question as to whether they are Equus or Nannippus based on size (length/crown).  I am posting them here hoping for additional input on classification.  They are numbered 3 & 4 as they are part of a series we were evaluating.  Any input would be greatly appreciated. The red/pink ruler is inches.  The blue is metric and provided to give a close up of the crown of each. 

IMG-1672.JPG

IMG-1673.JPG

IMG-1674.JPG

IMG-1676.JPG

20190711_104744_resized.jpg

20190711_105404_resized.jpg

IMG-1677.JPG

IMG-1678.JPG

IMG-1680.JPG

Those are an interesting couple of teeth...I'm curious and have no real expertise so I'm gonna bump this again and see if it gets any 2nd looks....

Cant remember who else besides Jack who was messing with single horse teeth recently...

@Harry Pristis, @fossillarry

I enjoyed looking even without any specific ID...great photos

Regards, Chris 

Both of these teeth are horse upper M3s. It's not uncommon for  horse upper m3s to  have peculiar shapes or patterns.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks fossillarry!  I'm planning on grouping them with some additional horse teeth found this year to create a display.