carcharodontosaurus tooth

Dylanmacnish

Hello everyone!! :)

I’ve just added a new tooth to my collection that puts my t rex tooth to shame and I wanted to get everyone’s opinion on if this is in fact a 5 inch carcharodontosaurus tooth? 

I’ve done some research and I’m kind of confident that it is. 

Kind Regards 

Dylan Macnish 

0627C3C4-CDC2-4C86-A66E-3BC0150A2F2A.jpeg

09F1E115-B734-4F3E-AD6A-5B0795C560E1.jpeg

7719A857-1996-4FB9-B74D-70E028880CBC.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you, I was surprised it was so big when it arrived. I got a lot of bang for my buck with this one. :)

If it's from the Kem Kem beds in Morocco then it's technically Carcharodontosauridae sp. as both Sauroniops and Carcharodontosaurus are present and can't be distinguished by teeth, but it is from that family of theropods. 

That's a fantastic tooth! I don't know if you have small hands or it's just absolutely enormous but either way congratulations on an awesome piece. I rarely see Carcharodontosaurid teeth that size.  

And I thought my 4.5 Carch tooth was big. Boy this here is a monster. Amazing! Congratulation on this beast. :)

Looks like one solid tooth. I can't see any obvious restoration straight ahead. Maybe just maybe the areas marked red might contain some glue, but I'm really not sure. It's maybe just the light on the pic.

7719A857-1996-4FB9-B74D-70E028880CBC.jpeg.6c6051f2cc98d1f2ac8f0e871de792ae.jpeg.97b6ed0f17e7acb58d3e9fb042c8da9d.jpeg

If there is something, @Haravex might sees it.

And what @PaleoNoel said, there are at least to Carchs present in KemKem, so it's best described as Carcharodontosaurid indet. or Carcharodontosauridae sp.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you so much, that makes me so happy to hear.

I’ve taken a second photo of the area in question for you, hopefully it’s a bit clearer.

I just can’t believe I got it so cheap. I know I can’t mention monetary figures on here But let’s just say I’ve seen them online  5 times as much as what I paid. 

I believe there’s another one around this size still available on online, I can’t link the ad but it should come up if you type in  carcharodontosaurus tooth then scroll down a little bit. 

17DE738B-A6D7-4DBE-9A48-CE48D959BB46.jpeg

Haha also sorry about the dog hair,

It’s winter here in Australia and my golden retriever has been dropping it like crazy