3 Day Trip with my girl

JimHurley

Hi Folks,

I am planning out my first long road trip to collect with my youngest daughter for next week.(she's 13 and we have our local Pennsylvanian rocks we collected together for years, but I have been overseas working for a year, and I am getting ready to go back to do one more year, and I want to do something fun with her and she asked to go look at rocks and collect since she knows it's my favorite thing I never get to do)  Anyway, I've been out of country until about 2 weeks ago, and I know there's been a ton of rain in Oklahoma, and I am curious if I should try to head to Mineral Wells and Jacksboro in Texas, and maybe head back towards Arkansas, or should I head north to Kansas and maybe cross over into Missouri. I'm at a loss since I don't get much US news in Vietnam, so I have no idea what everyone's weather has been like, and I'm not looking for honey hole suggestions, just a few places I can take her that she can find stuff and we can just have some time together.  Pay sites are okay too if you have some suggestions.  Thanks,

Jim

Are you looking for specific fossils or rocks ... Geodes? I pretty much look for shark teeth off the Potomac river and Chesapeake bay, down below DC, so not too far from PA. I have a daughter about the same age as yours, but she won't go fossil hunting. I even thought about buying geodes from Amazon that you break open. She doesn't want to do that either. Good luck.

Fossils, and if I had more time I would head further east, but this was a short working vacation, and I can only squeeze a couple of days. I am thinking Texas, but we'll see.