Calvert Cliffs Advice

FossilizedShoe

Hey guys, I'm going to be in Maryland on Monday and will hopefully visit the Calvert Cliffs. I am unfamiliar with the area and would like to know what the best M.O. for the site is. 

Thanks,

-Shoe

8 hours ago, FossilizedShoe said:

Hey guys, I'm going to be in Maryland on Monday and will hopefully visit the Calvert Cliffs. I am unfamiliar with the area and would like to know what the best M.O. for the site is. 

Thanks,

-Shoe

Don’t waste time at Calvert Cliffs. Try Matoaka beach, brownies beach(even though it has an exorbitant price over the summer) Calvert Cliffs st park itself is very crowded and over hunted...

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

If traveling from Texas and you have one day to hunt go to Brownies Beach or Purse State Park.  Those are your best shots at lots of teeth/bone fragments.  Matoaka is 2nd and Calvert Cliffs State Park 3rd.  All have teeth but best shot  for a newbie is Brownies (go South along the steep cliffs and wade to the small beaches low tide creates) or Purse.

Thanks, guys. What would a good access point be for Matoaka? I haven't found a good spot on Google Maps

You can probably find the address to matoaka cabins online and gps it. It is down a dirt/gravel road. They charge 5 dollars to park and walk the beach.

Good luck wherever you decide to go!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

And we will require pictures and a brief trip report. You know, so we can join you on your hunt ( always safer with a hunt buddy! ). :D

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

If you decide to try Brownies, i can tell you the kids that collect your beach access fees dont seem to start when the park opens at 6am.  My wife and I got there at 6:45am Friday and nobody was there except a local jogger. Had the place to ourselves for over an hour.  Wife even went back to the car around 8 and they still werent there collecting fees though they were when we left after 3pm.  No idea when they start. When we walked out they just wished us a good day.