Another trip to purse park md

Ted37

It was a perfect day, but marginal finds. Again found what I think is a crocodile tooth. Please confirm. First pic is on a paper plate so it gives you an idea of the size.

IMG_20190713_151753938.jpg

A whole lotta sharp pointy things. You say marginal, but I would say that was an excellent day of finds. :zen: 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Nice haul of goodies!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Thanks! I am happy with my finds. I only say marginal because these are typical  finds at purse if you walk in either direction of the trailhead and look hard.

I would like to find a few bigger ones that are not broke. I know they are there, as I have found some. That one possible croc tooth I would like to get confirmed. I was there last month and a woman found an almost identical tooth. I found a partial one that day and posted it. The comment I got was it could be but does not look like the type found at purse. It does look like enamel. Any comments welcome as now that I've seen a few I would like to lno what it is. Thanks.

After looking through my pile I found another interesting rock. It definitely has the feel of being worked. It wasn't a bad day as I did keep over 150 teeth and didn't bother picking up at least 100 more of the smaller teeth. I generally keep anything interesting including rocks.

IMG_20190713_212232076.jpg

Nice finds -- most folks, including me, would be quite satisfied with a day that productive. I collected Mazon Creek fossils and would give "leftover" material to local schools. It was always welcomed. Most schools don't have sources for this kind of hands-on educational material or they don't have the funding.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!