Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth

Gentleman647

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but looking to see if I could get some verification (Is it real? Good quality?) etc as I’m fairly new to collecting.0A10261F-63D1-4010-8016-379FE0C93CBC.thumb.jpeg.82d6b4bd56956a8e25b7a9893f465449.jpegC1E04247-279C-4BD7-9BAD-A8EB9A1D7E52.thumb.jpeg.c6e9995b90b4badb51f0b43ec21d55af.jpegEC236446-39B5-4F1A-A487-92FFC2AA8170.thumb.jpeg.f5969efbcfb395fac184560da0780ae0.jpeg

7989F983-0E5F-4E8B-BAC5-465E6CCDDD82.jpeg

BA4E4D3C-A5B5-4BEF-BD08-E86B57DB5E24.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

I am not an expert from from what I see I think it looks nice and real. What I dont like is the tooth is in a pic with a dark background which makes it hard to see fine details. I would ask the seller to take pics with a lighter background. Just my opinion.

• I found this Informative 2

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Can you post the locality of where its from to verify its Trex.  Definitely real and nice tooth.  Some of the serrations are missing, especially on the distal edge but thats your preference and usually not an issue with Tyrannosaurid teeth. 

18 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Can you post the locality of where its from to verify its Trex.  Definitely real and nice tooth.  Some of the serrations are missing, especially on the distal edge but thats your preference and usually not an issue with Tyrannosaurid teeth. 

Thank you very much for the info. Told from Hell Creek Formation, Carter Co, Montana. On a scale of 1-10 where would you put the quality of this specimen? I only ask because I haven’t seen very many.

I would like to see brighter photos to see detail and straight in shots to make that call

3 hours ago, Darktooth said:

What I dont like is the tooth is in a pic with a dark background which makes it hard to see fine details. I would ask the seller to take pics with a lighter background. Just my opinion.

But this gives the tooth a richness like running your hand over deep Corinthian leather.

Gosh where's Ricardo Montelba'n when you need him?!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Currently working on becoming a fossil.. :whistle:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

But this gives the tooth a richness like running your hand over deep Corinthian leather.

Doren referencing Spy Kids? 

52 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Doren referencing Spy Kids? 

No...more like the car commercials he did back in the day.  Spy Kids is a bit out of my age bracket. But apparently you remember the lines from the film. ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

42 minutes ago, caldigger said:

No...more like the car commercials he did back in the day.  Spy Kids is a bit out of my age bracket. But apparently you remember the lines from the film. ;)

I have four kids, between 11-21 yrs old. Each of them loved those movies. Can't count how many times I had to sit through them.

It has been reported to me that due to the natural shine and glare with the enamel of this specimen it was a bit difficult to capture all its details. Lighter backgrounds showed the tooth looking fully black and other medium backgrounds varied from under exposure to over exposure but that red was the best he could do. To his credit he did send an overall description of tooth including enamel, color, natural tip wear, fine hydration cracks. What do you guys think?A48EA95C-F5A2-450D-A132-1BE18C03BADE.thumb.jpeg.18929c0851d3595ec9b879e4f601af91.jpeg

I think it's a beautiful colored tooth, no matter what the background is. ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I think it's a beautiful colored tooth, no matter what the background is. ;)

+1 beautiful tooth

9 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

Really nice! Howbig is it?

3-1/8 length and 1-1/8 width

Thanks you all for your advice and insights, I pulled the trigger and am now the proud owner of this rex tooth. 

Congratulations!  It’s a beautiful tooth.  :wub: