Agatized Stromatolite?

WI-fossil-guy

5d2e4156e88da_Strom1L.thumb.jpg.ceecc20d1a44b82b39036df268f67ad0.jpgLooking for ID help. This potential fossil was found on a dry lake bed in Southwest WI. In the same area this was found, I found other "classic" limestone Ordovician stromatolites exhibiting typical lateral columnar stratification in side view with convex tops and concave bottoms. This fossil has much the of the same structures but is partially "agatized". Could it be a stromatolite? All ID feedback will be appreciated.

Strom 1A.jpg

Strom 1B.jpg

Strom 1C.jpg

Strom 1D.jpg

Strom 1E.jpg

Strom 1F.jpg

Strom 1G.jpg

Strom 1H.jpg

Strom 1J.jpg

Strom 1k.jpg

Rockwood:

Thanks for your interest. I think I greatly enlarged the file size of the last two posted photos. Looking forward to your feedback.

maybe agatized coral / bryozoan?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

The fact that some of the lumps appear to have cylinder shaped centers of a different material would seem to contraindicate the stromatolite idea. I still can't make out any other diagnostic though. It may have to stop at agate minus the ized. :)