Definately Wood!

Nicholas

Well, its been a while since I posted any of my finds because they have been far and few between. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a construction site in Sydney some investigating proved to have some worth because I found once specimen worth taking home. The site was characterized buy carbon and iron on the rocks... I've seen the trend before as a good indicator of fossils.

Anyway the quality of picture is not that good but you can see the specimen, it looks more typically like unidentifiable fern wood or just wood rather than something that can be identified but I thought I would give it an honest shot.

Upper Carboniferous, Sydney, Nova Soctia

post-1547-12562626305485_thumb.jpg

yep, bark like impressions...Thanks for posting. Maybe another trip to the site is warranted?? Continued future success. Regards, Chris

hi Nicholas, could you post a pic with more resolution, the specimen has very decorticated bark of something.

I'll try to get one asap. I feel the specimen may me too deteriorated or worn to give an exact ID. I tried comparing it to many specimens in books to no avail.

The bark seems to consist of slits which have no real order they range in size and position.

I'll try to get one asap. I feel the specimen may me too deteriorated or worn to give an exact ID. I tried comparing it to many specimens in books to no avail.

The bark seems to consist of slits which have no real order they range in size and position.

Does it look like this one?

post-814-12564051868225_thumb.jpg