I donated this Thylacocephala from the Upper Jurassic lithographic limestones of Solnhofen to Prof. Haug, LMU Munich. So far, three species of Thylacocephala have been described from the Altmühltal Formation (“Solnhofen lithographic limestones”),: Clausocaris lithographica, Dollocaris michelorum and Mayrocaris bucculata. Now a fourth new genus and species has been added: Falcatacaris bastelbergeri (Prof. Haug was so kind and named the species after me).

https://bioone.org/journals/Palaeodiversity/volume-12/issue-1/pale.v12.a6/A-new-thylacocephalan-crustacean-from-the-Upper-Jurassic-lithographic-limestones/10.18476/pale.v12.a6.full?tab=ArticleLinkFigureTable

5d2f82efbc60e_Falcatacarisbastelbergeri.thumb.jpg.f545b6fdf1bdd676ed2e75594d1d23d6.jpg

• I found this Informative 12

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

This is amazing!! Congrats :D 

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

This makes me smile, Thomas.  Congratulations.  :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Very cool! Congrats! :dinothumb: 

:yay-smiley-1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

46 minutes ago, oilshale said:

Falcatacaris bastelbergeri

Has a wonderful ring to it.
Congratulations, my friend!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

:yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1: :yay-smiley-1:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing

Cool.  I like think I know a lot about paleo (he says humbly, or not), but what the heck is a Tylacowhatever?  

• I found this Informative 1

8 hours ago, jpc said:

Cool.  I like think I know a lot about paleo (he says humbly, or not), but what the heck is a Tylacowhatever?  

I think they are a group of enigmatic Arthropods which is my way saying I really don’t know either . @oilshale Congratulations and very much deserved. Remarkable specimen!

On 18.7.2019 at 6:12 AM, jpc said:

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Very pleased to hear this, Thomas! :) 

Congratulations!  Well done. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your contribution.

Great example of sharing valuable scientific fossil finds with the professional community.

:thumbsu:

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!