Howdy all! 

I'm super excited about this and I'm looking for expertise and knowledge from all of you! I'm working in Chapel Hill, NC next week and I've paved out a day to FINALLY visit GMR!!! I'm a total noob to this area and what to expect. I've been doing research but I would humbly ask you all about your experiences, local knowledge, where to park (safely), points of entry, tools to bring (i have an good idea), areas to avoid, concerns, etc... I'm doing this alone unfortunately but that also adds to the adventure! 

I still haven't found my meg yet and it will be sometime before I'm able to get back out to Brownies Beach or Calvert any time soon... SO! I'm really eager to make this visit a great work out and to find some awesome treasures to share with my little boys! I wish they were old enough to come with me! :)  

Me and my boys.jpg

Good Luck!  :) 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Good luck! I hope you find a lot of goodies to share with your sons. They look like two awesome field assistants in the making :) 

Actually small kids make some of the best fossil hunters...their field of vision is much closer to the ground to spot the good stuff. ;)

4 hours ago, powelli1 said:

Steve Did you get the note I sent you the other day? George

I did not unfortunately. I just checked and I don't see anything. Was it to this post? I sometimes miss things :) 

Congratulations,  I am glad your hunt was successful!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

First meg! Congratulations :default_clap2:. Great milestone. Someday I’ll find one. Meanwhile I’ll live vicariously through posts like this :) 

Nice finds. Congrats.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

First start to cleaning and ... hopefully getting rid of some of the bacteria on these bones! I want the kiddos to have fun exploring them. 

2482CCDA-ACA6-4EBE-8A40-ADEC42DED893.jpeg