Take two, Geodized snail

Digi

I found this 'geodized snail' in a 25lb lot of kentucky geodes I got off of online years ago. I'm going to call it a geodized snail till one of you corrects me because thats how the seller referred to it in the post. Again, I haven't really prepped a fossil up to this point but I've gathered some information from this forum! From what I've gathered an airscribe would be a good way to start? Would it be safe to attempt to chisel off the larger chunk of matrix? 

IMG_7123.thumb.JPG.8e9081273bb0fc6c141c9119f0c9b61d.JPG

Can you please provide pictures of the other sides on this? So far as I can see that round shape on it does not coil.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

16 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Can you please provide pictures of the other sides on this? So far as I can see that round shape on it does not coil.

Of course! Does this better show it off? I hope this isnt just a poorly identified dud!

IMG_7125.thumb.jpg.7b9d3d092f50cd02a3ced283496d8d69.jpg IMG_7124.thumb.jpg.39b9580e05dc3602457673cf1dd40628.jpg

How hard/soft is the stone? Do you have access to an air abrader? I sort of doubt that this is a real gastropod fossil, but rather a coincidental form by which the seller gave it it's name. These geodes apparently come in all sorts of shapes. They originate from the New Providence siltstone, which is apparently not particularly fossiliferous. At the most, it could be a cast of a previously dissolved fossil. How big is it?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

As for hardness, I was able to scratch glass with it so that should be all you need to know. Its also about 1.5 inches in length, with .5 inches of that being the "snail." The seller didnt specifically say the fossil was included, just that it was a lucky thing to find. It was in a 25 lb. lot of geodes.

Hope thats enough info!