Trilobite all real?

Davidevi82

Hi all, i have seen some trilobites and i'm sure they are real but there are any restoration on them?

67264198_2407723212779543_8736130124795084800_n.jpg

harapis2.jpg

harpis1.jpg

The photos may not be providing enough detail to say for certain. That being said, it looks likely that a few genal tips may have broken off and been glued back on, which is not an uncommon practice. There may be concerns around the eyes, as they do not seem as pronounced or distinct from the surrounding cephalon, but that could also be on account of the preparation. I would say ask for closeups of the eye area, and pay attention to the area beneath that to see if there is a separation in texture from the smooth and the dimpled as in this image:

harpes-perradiatus.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I don't think it is possible to tell from these pictures.  :( 

Detailed, well lit pictures of all sides, top and bottom would be necessary. 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

These look purty good to me but I would go by what these guys, Kane and Fossildude19 have said.   More pics.

RB

thank you, i will try to find better photos. Comparing with Kane photo "mine"seem less detailed, so probably non a good preparation job

That’s what I’m thinking too. And on the right one one or both wings have been broken and glued twice I’m thinking but as he says that’s not uncommon.

David,

These seem 100% real and fair to me. They applied a finishing colorant on both pieces though to disguise the preparation marks .. 

But true as it is .. more pictures could confirm for sure.

But at a fair price .. they're worth it..

Best regards!