Any information about Edelman Fossil Park?

Darktooth

Hello Everyone. I am reaching out to the forum in hopes that someone here can give me some information about the Edelman fossil Park in New Jersey. Have any members ever been there? Is it worth visiting? How does one make arrangements for a visit there. I have visited  the website but when I try to click on links it doesn't work for me. Any help would be highly appreciated. @frankh8147 @Trevor @The Jersey Devil @njfossilhunter @Carl

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

From their website, their bold not mine:

At this time, the Edelman Fossil Park is not open to the public. We have several public dig days including our Community Dig Day every September which you may purchase tickets for when the sale begins.”

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

11 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

From their website, their bold not mine:

At this time, the Edelman Fossil Park is not open to the public. We have several public dig days including our Community Dig Day every September which you may purchase tickets for when the sale begins.”

Thanks Mason! I had already browsed the website and signed up for a chance to do the lottery style ticket purchase for September 22 ,2019. I am more curious  if anyone has done the Community Digs, and what their experience was like.

• I found this Informative 1

Personally, I haven't gone but I heard of some good finds coming from there. It might be worth giving it a shot..

24 minutes ago, frankh8147 said:

Personally, I haven't gone but I heard of some good finds coming from there. It might be worth giving it a shot..

Thanks Frank!

Hi Dave,

I’ve done some volunteer work there a couple years ago. Basically you would be there for 6 hours and scrape thin layers of formation off of a small block of the MFL at the site (they like to map out where specifically each specimen you find was located in the bed). It was a waste of time, too, because they’d make you sift everything after you’ve already carefully looked through it. You also couldn’t keep anything found in situ, but on break you can keep small stuff that’s already eroded out of the cliffs.

It was definitely a great new experience for me, but sadly you can’t collect there.

• I found this Informative 1

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Thank-you, I appreciate the information.

1 hour ago, Carl said:

The brooks are way more fun and way more productive and diverse.

Thanks Carl!