Lepidodendron bark piece found in Gelsenkirchen, Germany?

PMA

Sort of, but from the other end of the plant. This is known as a stigmaria. A root structure.

• I found this Informative 1

38 minutes ago, PMA said:

Inside of it

Actually enclosed by the fossil, or just in the same piece of rock ?

Often only a shallow temporal horizon is preserved so something beneath or above it may not be part of it.

Better focused pictures without shadows but in good light would help. The pictures you posted are blurry -- keep the camera steady against a large solid object or use a tripod. Get as close as you can but back out if you start losing focus. Crop away the excess from around the specimen in each photo, but drop crop away any of the specimen. Take pictures of all sides of each specimen from the top, all 4 sides, and bottom. Shoot dead-on, not at oblique angles.

EDIT: I agree with Stigmaria.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

3 hours ago, PMA said:

@Rockwood

It was right underneath the piece of rock in the first picture as you can still see one piece in it down there near my finger.

They are likely to be plant fossils,  maybe even part of the internal structure of the stigmaria, but it's hard to be certain from the available information.

The pieces that came from "the inside" appear to be ironstone-like nodules or concretions. You see these more often in Carboniferous rocks, especially in layers dominated by rooting structures (probably reflecting some specific geochemical conditions).

• I found this Informative 1

Searching for green in the dark grey.