Is this mammoth tooth real ?

Blacksambellamy1

Yes, quite real, likely Siberian. But not sure how customs will deal with it coming into the states.  

I have no idea if these things are on the No-No list.  Perhaps someone that has ordered such will be able to answer. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Welcome to the forum @Blacksambellamy1

Please note that posting links to items for sale is not allowed on this forum.  You can copy just the photo (without any ad copy) and request member opinions.  ;) 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

You are still showing advertising verbiage, which is not allowed. Try cropping your screenshots to just show the picture.

Forum rules... ;) 

> Please do not post links to websites, nor identify or incriminate a seller in any way- Do Not Copy or screenshot advertisement verbiage. 

>You may post pictures only, from a commercial website, but no word for word Advert. Copy. 

• I found this Informative 2

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

You can copy just the photo (without any ad copy) and request member opinions.  ;) 

@Blacksambellamy1

I have edited your photos...please do not post any more ad copy.  Thanks.  

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

The tooth in the photos has the appearance of an authentic mammoth tooth. Did the seller give a place of origin? If it is a North Sea collected fossil, was it stabilized? From the photos it seems a nice piece, but do not hesitate to ask the seller for as much information as they can provide.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

origin : Sakha(Yakutia)Republic

sorry about the screen shot 

Edited by Blacksambellamy1

It is genuine. It is no problem importing from Russia, but since you are in NJ you may have a problem. In their infinite wisdom the politicians of NY & NJ have made the extinct mammoth's (and all other proboscoids) tusks and teeth illegal for fear that they will become.....well, er, extinct!

• I found this Informative 1

3 minutes ago, steelhead9 said:

It is genuine. It is no problem importing from Russia, but since you are in NJ you may have a problem. In their infinite wisdom the politicians of NY & NJ have made the extinct mammoth's (and all other proboscoids) tusks and teeth illegal for fear that they will become.....well, er, extinct!

Everyone here is so helpful.  Thanks so much and I apologize for the screen shots.  I never knew it was illegal to import a mammoth tooth to NJ.   However I could have it shipped to my parents house in MA.   Correct? 

That was my fear.  You'd best check on regs for that state also. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

13 hours ago, caldigger said:

That was my fear.

I’ll ship to MA and keep it there 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, Blacksambellamy1 said:

Everyone here is so helpful.  Thanks so much and I apologize for the screen shots.  I never knew it was illegal to import a mammoth tooth to NJ.   However I could have it shipped to my parents house in MA.   Correct? 

I would think that would be fine.

On 7/30/2019 at 8:44 AM, caldigger said:

That was my fear.  You'd best check on regs for that state also. 

I’d take caldigger’s advice and double check the regulations in MA just to be sure. 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

MA is fine.  They have a bill but it hasn’t passed yet.    These laws are ridiculous and serve no purpose.