Strange potential fossil from Georgian bay formation

fossilzz

Here is an interesting potential fossil that I found in Oakville, Ontario. From fossils found in nearby rocks, I think this is from the Georgian bay formation which is ordovician in age.

I don't know if this is a fossil, it could just be an interesting deposit of oxidized pyrite, but I would appreciate any help identifying this.

IMG_1458.thumb.jpg.033491b0f88739a8e9fd784452e0892e.jpgIMG_0978.thumb.jpg.8ed6d1edfc63402aaab416ccfb7f2f08.jpgIMG_0974.thumb.jpg.3bb776cadb8f4b94b97ab533ba27059a.jpg

Greetings! I don't think it's a body fossil. There's a slight possibility that it could be evidence of burrowing activity; that being said, however, I think it's most likely that it's a mineralogical phenomenon. You can find some examples of fossil burrows in the link below. https://timescavengers.blog/2018/11/11/urban-fossil-hunting/

Ok, well thanks for looking at it. I did some research and it looks like the Georgian bay formation is host to an abundant array of trace fossils. None seem to match what I found however.

• 2 months later...

I was looking at some thelodont fossils and was reminded of this, having posted it a while back. Any chance this is a warped/twisted thelodont?