JarrodB

I thought I would share one of the largest Tylosaurus proriger skulls ever found at the North Sulphur River Texas. This was found by Mr. Don a fossil hunting friend and legend in the area. He's hunted the river for 40 years. The skull is 5 ft 2 inches with very little restoration. He also collected 55 verts from the creature with the largest weight 8.2 lbs . @jnoun11

1.jpg

FB_IMG_1564831421314.jpg

• I found this Informative 9
  • Enjoyed 1

50 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

That is quite the beast.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :)

I'd love to hear more about how this skull was found and what it took to get it in this shape. That's a serious museum quality piece!

Cheers.

-Ken

22 minutes ago, digit said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. :)

I'd love to hear more about how this skull was found and what it took to get it in this shape. That's a serious museum quality piece!

Cheers.

-Ken

He started finding tail verts and tracked the creature for two years after every rain. He eventually collected 55 verts ranging from 2.5 lbs to 8.2 lbs each. Once the skull was exposed it took four days to collect. A friend of his did the restoration and mount. Mr. Don is very active in the Dallas Paleo Society and I'm sure it will eventually end up in a local museum. 

• I found this Informative 5

What a beauty of a skull!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!