My Glen Rose Texas Collection

El_Hueso

My apologies for posting so many topics without really contributing to other users threads. Im just excited that I found a message board where I can share these finds with people who can appreciate them :)

Here is my very meager collection of fossils from Glen Rose Texas at the Paluxy river. The first time I went I was amazed at how many invertebrate specimens could be found so simply on the ground. The region is late Cretaceous Eagle Ford group. I have yet to identify them all but will edit the topic later once I read through a few other members posts and discover what these may be based on similar fossils.

B166BBC2-A21D-4011-9257-519B89934A0A.jpeg

01EB9A47-0FB4-416D-845C-C2A6FA42C57D.jpeg

23516B66-61AA-4C43-A083-85125F293809.jpeg

5E492EBE-6156-4347-BB1B-5EE0F0AFF93F.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

8 minutes ago, El_Hueso said:

My apologies for posting so many topics without really contributing to other users threads. Im just excited that I found a message board where I can share these finds with people who can appreciate them :)

Hi

There is definitely no need to apologise every question asked adds to the knowledge database that the forum prides it self on sharing .  

Nice little collection thanks you.   :dinothumb:

Is this a gastropod?  It doesn't seem to taper like one would expect from such.

20190804_000404.png

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

59 minutes ago, El_Hueso said:

The region is late Cretaceous Eagle Ford group.

You've happened upon the right group to share and learn about your finds.  :)

Let's get you properly oriented in the right geologic units for the Glen Rose area.  It is lower Cretaceous, Trinity group.  Based on your finds, you were likely in the Glen Rose formation.

This link should help with most of the geologic units you'll find in Texas.

• I found this Informative 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks for the correction! I thought I had the right formation, but that link helped me out big time and I'll save it. I was using an older geology map but it didn't allow me to zoom in or accurately see where I was.

3 hours ago, El_Hueso said:

My apologies for posting so many topics without really contributing to other users threads.

Thanks for sharing your finds! Everyone contributes in their own way and showing what you found, and providing info for where you found it, is a way of contributing. It helps others know what to look for if they visit the area/formation. So no worries! :dinothumb:

2 hours ago, El_Hueso said:

Thanks for the correction! I thought I had the right formation, but that link helped me out big time and I'll save it. I was using an older geology map but it didn't allow me to zoom in or accurately see where I was.

Also, thanks for taking the correction from John so well. We all make mistakes, and being able to realize (and accept) that we do, goes a long way towards learning. Science is ever evolving. What we think is true today can turn out to be false tomorrow. With your open minded attitude, you will do well here. :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)