Mammoth Tooth

BrightLight

Hi I do not know the area it was from  looking for whatever info so I can  I.D. the Mammoth tooth it is about 4" wide.

Thanks

Mammoth tooth sm_2043.jpg

Welcome to the forum. That's a great mammoth tooth.  Others may be able to give a better detailed ID.

Does anyone know what area this might be from or the type of Mammoth it was from? Any help would be appreciated , Thanks

Hi thank you , do you know where I could find the info on color of specimens and date it? and where I could possibly sell it?

3 hours ago, BrightLight said:

Hi thank you , do you know where I could find the info on color of specimens and date it? and where I could possibly sell it?

You can have it dated at any laboratory that does carbon dating. It will cost at least 10 times as much as the 3 or 4 lunches you could buy at MacD's for the money this would get you if you sold it. It is not a complete specimen. Then subtract one happy meal to cover the shipping. You can get a complete specimen on various auction sites for less than one hundred dollars. You're not going to get rich by selling this. Not even close. It is by no means rare. The color depends on the minerals present in the ground where it was preserved. It varies quite a bit, anywhere from nearly black, many shades of grey, to any shade of brown, tan or beige you can imagine as well as various shades of yellow and white. Google mammoth tooth.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!