dinosaur man

Dinosaur footprints

dinosaur man

This is the biggest specimen in my collection a prosaurapod footprint from wasson bluff I was wondering if anyone has dinosaur footprints that they would like to share? it’s not the best photo beacause of the lighting 

image.jpg

dinosaur man

Cool track

caldigger
On 8/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, dinosaur man said:

This is the biggest specimen in my collection a prosaurapod footprint from wasson bluff I was wondering if anyone has dinosaur footprints that they would like to share? it’s not the best photo beacause of the lighting 

image.jpg

Any chance of you standing on the other side of your plate so your not blocking the overhead lighting and giving us a better picture of this?

Tell us the truth John, you just layed out some fresh plaster and let a ferret run amuck over it didn't you!  

20190806_174925.png

dinosaur man

Yes here you go 

955E0939-FF1E-422E-A391-6B41197F2DAB.jpeg

Randyw
On 8/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, snolly50 said:

For now, a Coconino, Permian, mammal - like reptile trackway. Insects too.

@snolly50 Wow great trackway!

snolly50
27 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Tell us the truth John, you just layed out some fresh plaster and let a ferret run amuck over it didn't you!  

Very perceptive! Old Laoporus may have been a little like a ferret. Although a reptile, it had given up the sprawling gait of its ilk and adapted a tucked-in limb configuration; walking like a mammal, a ferret. 

@Randyw Thanks, I really love these Coconino trackways. If I were forced to pick, I would have to admit this is the favorite fossil I own. The trackways are like behavior frozen in time. I love them, so ancient, yet as fresh as new. Incredible. 

Fossildude19
1 hour ago, dinosaur man said:

Yes here you go 

955E0939-FF1E-422E-A391-6B41197F2DAB.jpeg

I really can't make out a track in this one. :headscratch:

dinosaur man

Here I Tried to outline the footprint 

C5EC53F4-BA5C-4915-B63A-7A8AA184FAE0.jpeg

JohnJ

@dinosaur man

How was this identified as a dinosaur track?  Does this rock match other rocks from the site based on the information you were given?

dinosaur man

Yes it does match I got it a while ago and I just went there a month ago the rocks match 

Kane

Was it confirmed by a paleontologist? 

dinosaur man

No not yet but I compared it to some specimens from the Fundy geological museum 

Kane

Then I would take it to your nearest natural history museum or earth sciences department to have it confirmed; at present, it looks more like differential weathering. It is usually best not to simply take a seller’s word on a piece.

Randyw

Here’s my only entry into the trackway arena! Cincosaurus cobbi not dinosaur but still cool for 310 mya.

57CF51C5-978B-462E-86D1-B6D3DF98C1A1.jpeg

46711544-F095-4579-B684-48984CCC6C0B.jpeg

El_Hueso
7 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

It could just be me but something about that shape doesn’t look right to me. It could just be my inexperience though. Dinosaurman, how did you determine that it was a prosaurapod track? Did you find it yourself? Thanks!

Edit: Nice track Randy!

Mark Kmiecik

I only have one problem with this. How does a single track become eroded from a trackway? This was not chiseled or cut out of the stone. Those edges are eroded, and I'll bet the underside is as well.

El_Hueso

That’s a good point...

Bobby Rico

Juvenile Herbivorou's Dinosaur Footcast  from Wealden , Sussex. U.K probably some sort of ornithopod.

I can’t remember who but another member has the right side same  track and I have the left side. 

056658B8-924C-41ED-9558-5A046CB52D38.jpeg

Fossildude19
9 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

I still don't think this is a dinosaur footprint. 

The rock doesn't look to be sedimentary rock to me. 

You really need to have this looked at by paleontologist at a museum or a university.

dinosaur man

Ok and the rock fell off the cliff side near the middle of the cliff so it was separated from the other tracks 

Kane

@dinosaur man Are you saying you collected this piece?

dinosaur man

Yeah I collected a while ago and I just went back to see if I can find anymore fossils 

Kane
9 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

Yeah I collected a while ago and I just went back to see if I can find anymore fossils 

Well, hopefully you had a Heritage Research Permit: "It is against the law to excavate or collection fossils in Nova Scotia without a Heritage Research Permit."

https://cch.novascotia.ca/exploring-our-past/special-places/palaeontology-permits-and-guidelines

El_Hueso
25 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

I'm really interested to know about if you saw the trackbed where this stone came from, if you are still able to get to it.

But please, don't do anything illegal. Like Kane said, you need a permit to retrieve fossils from there!