Show us your Dinosaur footprints

dinosaur man

This is the biggest specimen in my collection a prosaurapod footprint from wasson bluff I was wondering if anyone has dinosaur footprints that they would like to share? it’s not the best photo beacause of the lighting 

image.jpg

I'll try to put up some dinosaur track images if I can get some sunshine lit photos tomorrow. For now, a Coconino, Permian, mammal - like reptile trackway. Insects too.

coconino.jpg.cceae6220a2b000a90afd29c6890658b.jpg

coconino2.jpg.b2f834fec1745d590e954faceea38901.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

On 8/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, dinosaur man said:

This is the biggest specimen in my collection a prosaurapod footprint from wasson bluff I was wondering if anyone has dinosaur footprints that they would like to share? it’s not the best photo beacause of the lighting 

image.jpg

Any chance of you standing on the other side of your plate so your not blocking the overhead lighting and giving us a better picture of this?

Tell us the truth John, you just layed out some fresh plaster and let a ferret run amuck over it didn't you!  

20190806_174925.png

• I found this Informative 1

On 8/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, snolly50 said:

For now, a Coconino, Permian, mammal - like reptile trackway. Insects too.

@snolly50 Wow great trackway!

27 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Tell us the truth John, you just layed out some fresh plaster and let a ferret run amuck over it didn't you!  

Very perceptive! Old Laoporus may have been a little like a ferret. Although a reptile, it had given up the sprawling gait of its ilk and adapted a tucked-in limb configuration; walking like a mammal, a ferret. 

@Randyw Thanks, I really love these Coconino trackways. If I were forced to pick, I would have to admit this is the favorite fossil I own. The trackways are like behavior frozen in time. I love them, so ancient, yet as fresh as new. Incredible. 

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

1 hour ago, dinosaur man said:

Yes here you go 

955E0939-FF1E-422E-A391-6B41197F2DAB.jpeg

I really can't make out a track in this one. :headscratch:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Here I Tried to outline the footprint 

C5EC53F4-BA5C-4915-B63A-7A8AA184FAE0.jpeg

@dinosaur man

How was this identified as a dinosaur track?  Does this rock match other rocks from the site based on the information you were given?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Yes it does match I got it a while ago and I just went there a month ago the rocks match 

No not yet but I compared it to some specimens from the Fundy geological museum 

Then I would take it to your nearest natural history museum or earth sciences department to have it confirmed; at present, it looks more like differential weathering. It is usually best not to simply take a seller’s word on a piece.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Here’s my only entry into the trackway arena! Cincosaurus cobbi not dinosaur but still cool for 310 mya.

57CF51C5-978B-462E-86D1-B6D3DF98C1A1.jpeg

46711544-F095-4579-B684-48984CCC6C0B.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

7 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

It could just be me but something about that shape doesn’t look right to me. It could just be my inexperience though. Dinosaurman, how did you determine that it was a prosaurapod track? Did you find it yourself? Thanks!

Edit: Nice track Randy!

I only have one problem with this. How does a single track become eroded from a trackway? This was not chiseled or cut out of the stone. Those edges are eroded, and I'll bet the underside is as well.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Juvenile Herbivorou's Dinosaur Footcast  from Wealden , Sussex. U.K probably some sort of ornithopod.

I can’t remember who but another member has the right side same  track and I have the left side. 

056658B8-924C-41ED-9558-5A046CB52D38.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

9 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

I still don't think this is a dinosaur footprint. 

The rock doesn't look to be sedimentary rock to me. 

You really need to have this looked at by paleontologist at a museum or a university.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Ok and the rock fell off the cliff side near the middle of the cliff so it was separated from the other tracks 

Yeah I collected a while ago and I just went back to see if I can find anymore fossils 

9 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

Yeah I collected a while ago and I just went back to see if I can find anymore fossils 

Well, hopefully you had a Heritage Research Permit: "It is against the law to excavate or collection fossils in Nova Scotia without a Heritage Research Permit."

https://cch.novascotia.ca/exploring-our-past/special-places/palaeontology-permits-and-guidelines

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

25 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

I'm really interested to know about if you saw the trackbed where this stone came from, if you are still able to get to it.

But please, don't do anything illegal. Like Kane said, you need a permit to retrieve fossils from there!