Glad to be here and Baby crocodile partial skull?

Nirang

I think you will make a fine future expert, but not yet. :)

Crocodile bone does look like a lumpy stone, but I'm afraid this one looks too much like stone.

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

I see no bone texture or actual skull morphology. 

Interesting looking rock, I'm afraid. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Cool does have an appearance of a skull but its geologic.  Skulls are not a solid structure but made up of a number of separate bone elements

Hello and Welcome! :)

+1 for geological

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Geological in origin. 

For future identifications, it is always helpful if you can include the location or formation where you found the specimen. 

Also avoid pics holding the specimen, and place an object in the photo to assist with scale. 

2 hours ago, TyBoy said:

Cool does have an appearance of a skull but its geologic.  Skulls are not a solid structure but made up of a number of separate bone elements

Yeah that’s why I said partial.....I was thinking top half but either weather worn or native people worn /::::woulda made a nice little bowl or pestle

5 minutes ago, facehugger said:

Geological in origin. 

For future identifications, it is always helpful if you can include the location or formation where you found the specimen. 

Also avoid pics holding the specimen, and place an object in the photo to assist with scale. 

Yeah I was gonna have a pack of cigarettes for scale lol and I thought I did say Caldwell County (Lockhart,TX USA ) my bad....I did read the forums rule thing 

Don't throw that bad boy away!  Looking at photo #1, I'd paint some eyes and nostril holes on it and put it on the shelf for a neat knick-knack.  But that might just be me.

BTW, welcome to the forum.  I'd invite you to join the Paleo Society of Austin since it looks like you're hunting in the area.  That would be a good way to speed yourself along on the road to "expert" - along with following this forum, of course.  It also gives you a chance to go on some well-led field trips with the club and find some really neat stuff.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:44 AM, grandpa said:

Don't throw that bad boy away!  Looking at photo #1, I'd paint some eyes and nostril holes on it and put it on the shelf for a neat knick-knack.  But that might just be me.

BTW, welcome to the forum.  I'd invite you to join the Paleo Society of Austin since it looks like you're hunting in the area.  That would be a good way to speed yourself along on the road to "expert" - along with following this forum, of course.  It also gives you a chance to go on some well-led field trips with the club and find some really neat stuff.

Thank you for the invite. I go on my own field trips everyday :) for the past year or so I have been blessed to be able to dedicate all the time I want(which is never ending)to the search so I have learned A LOT....also used to work overnights and then spend the whole day hunting (I didn't sleep enough back then) so my communication vocabulary in this arena is lacking but real world experience is not :) I  am very excited about being here and wish I woulda thought to look on the internet sooner....I'm kinda old school and just fed up with phones in general, boycotted FAcebook.....sigh just let me look at and prep rocks please! Cheers!

IMG_4539.JPG

4 hours ago, Randyw said:

Oooo there’s some nice pieces in there!

The sea urchin things are bad ...very fine detail- the whole lot I found behind a gas station that was for sale in between New Braunfels and canyon lake....I tried to go back (like 5 times) and I  CANNOT FIND IT Now!!! Lol 

IMG_3972.JPG

Being from paleozoic Maine I'm not real sure, but you might want to apply my rudist rule to this last one. If it looks really weird and is found in Texas . . . 

That's a good rule of thumb, Rockwood; and in this case it seems to have paid off well.  Looks like some rudist conglomerates I've come across in a park on a lake west of Georgetown.  Am I warm, Nirang?

10 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Being from paleozoic Maine I'm not real sure, but you might want to apply my rudist rule to this last one. If it looks really weird and is found in Texas . . . 

Hey, that was me, summer of '71. Looking weird and found in Texas. Becoming an army medic at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. Unfortunately, more of a fisherman than fossil hunter at the time. I'm a rudist, yay! Finally, I have found myself. :D

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

On 8/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, Mark Kmiecik said:

Hey, that was me, summer of '71. Looking weird and found in Texas. Becoming an army medic at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. Unfortunately, more of a fisherman than fossil hunter at the time. I'm a rudist, yay! Finally, I have found myself. :D

What the heck is a rudist? Lol