Wanted theropod dinosaur fossils

dinosaur man

Hi I was wondering if any body has some theropod fossils they would like to trade ( majungasaurus, allosaurus, T. Rex ex: ) I have a lot of fossils I am willing to trade I will send you some photos later on thanks.

I moved this thread to the Fossil Trades Bulletin Board.  Fossils on the Web is concerned with discussion of online news stories and similar links concerning paleontology.

You are more likely to get some interest if you post photos of the material you have for trade.

Don

• I found this Informative 2

Here’s some of my Devonian fossils I have bigger ones too

1A37008E-25F4-46E0-9E9D-1955FF144F48.jpeg

D21A483B-7D1A-4448-A82D-616A5E9DB963.jpeg

You will need fossils of a much higher quality than those in your pictures to get a trade anything like what you want. 

Have you looked at Moroccan dinosaur teeth? They can be very affordable. 

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks both of you and JohnBrewer I will I have higher quality fossils for trade then those 

13 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

Theropod teeth 

The is one of mine that I would be willing to trade with for the right item. It has been restored and has some matrix and paleobond. Exactly 1 inch in length. This is the only photo I have at the moment but I can post more if you are serious about trading. I would still like to see what it is you have to offer? I cant see your photos

mytoof.png

1 minute ago, El_Hueso said:

The is one of mine that I would be willing to trade with for the right item. It has been restored and has some matrix and paleobond. This is the only photo I have at the moment but I can post more if you are serious about trading. I would still like to see what it is you have to offer? I cant see your photos

mytoof.png

Ok I’ll take some photos 

Here is some of the stuff I’m willing to trade theses are Devonian marine fossils from a Devonian reef

EB3769E8-2A9F-409A-B76B-C8CDD73E76CA.jpeg

Hmmm. Texas already has plenty of marine fossils and I have a lot in my collection. I can't really see anything in there that really stands out to me that I would want to trade for.

I do appreciate you taking the time to take a photo though :)

• I found this Informative 2

I also have other stuff if you would like to see that I will trade with here they are

Well, I am very open, so long as it is a fair (good quality of the fossil) trade. What is something that you have that you think would be an honest trade?

Mammal jaw, old poetry, fossilized fish skin and ammolite 

3CBE69BE-1BDB-4064-AAEF-1823FED32CB2.jpeg

I'm sorry but I think it's still gona be a no from me. You do have a very nice collection going though!

If your dead set on having a theropod, you can buy some nice repaired ones for a reasonable price.

Would anyone trade theropod fossils for this mammal jaw and other fossils thanks 

5C0E2223-2B78-4529-8E08-8F87F5751B49.jpeg

Brightened, cropped and rotated:

5C0E2223-2B78-4529-8E08-8F87F5751B49.thumb.jpeg.aae9cb00b6b1ededce05f2ce3d1be3c0.jpeg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I also have a ammolite, fossilized fish skin and Devonian fossils.

12 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

Mammal jaw, old poetry, fossilized fish skin and ammolite 

3CBE69BE-1BDB-4064-AAEF-1823FED32CB2.jpeg

Oh darn, I only like new poetry. ;)

Can we see the other side of your "ammolite"?  It looks like a Madagascar ammonite.

Hi, I don't mean to be a wet blanket but theropod material tend to be valued higher than Devonian invertebrates. People tend to trade theropod for theropod (e.g. a T-Rex tooth for a Baryonyx) or for other rare vertebrate material (e.g. Allosaurus tooth for a set of Ichthyosaur verts).

The only theropod material that is within your range right imo are partial material such tooth tips, or Moroccan stuff like Spino or Abelisaur teeth.

What you have there isn't an ammolite, it's ammonite from Madagascar. Ammolite is a marketing name used only for ammonites found in the Bearpaw Shale of Alberta, Canada.

• I found this Informative 3

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!