Meg teeth from the peace river but I want to know exactly what I have found

Maxsg

I finally got to do some hunting in the Peace River area of bone valley and just want some help with identifying these teeth.

IMG_3195.thumb.JPG.15935cfb32d3c516252921c937539203.JPGIMG_3204.JPG.5cf88c8d8e2d6912782f2f8c9a401af0.JPGIMG_3205.JPG.8aa2da8eca8e4785c952dbd445028028.JPGIMG_3209.JPG.f7dd9e85d607611259cb55931281842e.JPGIMG_3211.JPG.e82c6c62c3396ba00440d9ff337a8fbb.JPGIMG_3254.jpg.2eff03f5014c47749713a8e79baebc47.jpgIMG_3256.jpg.b3c78b8c0b37b5d683676f22e75ad9b0.jpg BE4A084E-0B8D-4A5A-890D-BF027DD40AE0.JPG.67776cf870df778db665327231e4a641.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

Gorgeous coloration on those. Given how high and fast the river is now, I am assuming these are dry land finds?

I'd be happy with that haul. Nice score!

Great haul! Love the colors! Congratulations!

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Yea all from dry land. I checked the river and I would not even dare go in. It was moving so fast. I like not drowning. 

I've downloaded the photos and am importing them into adobe acrobat so I can ID these for you.  I'll get back with the IDs tomorrow.  It's bedtime here in Guam :D

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

5 hours ago, Maxsg said:

Yea all from dry land. I checked the river and I would not even dare go in. It was moving so fast. I like not drowning. 

Agreed. The river is lethal right now. It's a raging torrent and not safe at all.

It's going to be a loooooooooong summer. 

8 hours ago, Maxsg said:

Don't knock it until you've tried it. I've gone through the ice three times while fishing and, wait, you're right, I didn't like it either. Never mind. :heartylaugh:

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

51 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

Don't knock it until you've tried it. I've gone through the ice three times while fishing and, wait, you're right, I didn't like it either. Never mind. :heartylaugh:

:default_rofl:

ok, here we go. Photo 1: All appear to be megs or meg chunks unless otherwise marked :D.  I see one bull shark tooth (Carcharhinus leucas, marked with a red "B")

1a.jpg

George Santayana

Photo 1b:

H= Hemipristis serra, snaggletooth shark

B= bull shark

L= Negaprion eurybathrodon, lemon shark

M= megalodon

C= Carcharhinus sp.; I can't get to species as the photo is blurry

S= Carcharias sp., probably C, taurus if you see lineations on the labial side of the blade, sand tiger shark

T= Galeocerdo cuvier, tiger shark

1 b.jpg

George Santayana

Photo 1c:

H= Hemipristis serra, snaggletooth shark

M= megalodon

I= Isurus/Cosmopolitodus hastqalis, ancestral great white

And a horse tooth

1c.jpg

George Santayana

Lastly this little guy, who wins the "what's not like the others" contest. It looks to be a Brachycarcharias aff lerichei, an Eocene tooth.  The other teeth are Miocene-Pliocene (except the Pleistocene horse).

ETA: 2 bulls and a tiger up top

2.jpg

George Santayana

5 hours ago, hemipristis said:

Lastly this little guy, who wins the "what's not like the others" contest. It looks to be a Brachycarcharias aff lerichei, an Eocene tooth.  The other teeth are Miocene-Pliocene (except the Pleistocene horse).

ETA: 2 bulls and a tiger up top

2.jpg

Thank you so much because this is such amazing detail. I thought this little tooth was out of place with the double cusps and all however I am very curious about the little tooth in this picture below. Btw thank you so much for all this infomation. 

On 8/5/2019 at 4:33 PM, Maxsg said:

IMG_3256.jpg.b3c78b8c0b37b5d683676f22e75ad9b0.jpg 

I think that your unknown tooth from Bone Valley is a Cuspidata Taurus "L3". It seems to fit and is not Eocene. See the table in this TFF Thread... By the way ... NICE tooth

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"