Hunt for Oligocene stuff in the Carpathian Mountains

Kasia

2 hours ago, Kasia said:

It's my pleasure to show a little bit of my country to the Forum and possibly encourage some members to pay a visit :) It's not that far from you, actually :P

London to Warsaw is about 12 hours by car?

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

3 hours ago, Kasia said:

encourage some members to pay a visit :) It's not that far from you, actually :P

Distance from Carpathian Mountains to Plainview
5,072 mi
data=yj0yI77vTLcaE8vtl_HpEm0d9y1KzDFj3QZ1UxPijrl0eGGrSMZlGzWQoB4d7EPFn9WrzIYzSaeZ36NWYpJUQIEdi_oOs1JEkY_SXBbgvKYFAGZJI8xZbcbWhGOq6Hp3jw_fdOIWk4BaXo2J98zBIsFt__mTIphGBdiX0BnF0VyxJVhWGFMsbmGSE7RRZ2e4DpkQ2P7GjPIiFlZZH3iCnddysdu-vyOoAD6jk4TBqkABZCDVtbJrmnkyrtipH_EpYcozmzcKfGi2LqYgNVWg1ApMyWp4ROdD_BM

:heartylaugh:

Ludwigia may be a tad bit closer.

• I found this Informative 1

56 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

Distance from Carpathian Mountains to Plainview
5,072 mi
data=yj0yI77vTLcaE8vtl_HpEm0d9y1KzDFj3QZ1UxPijrl0eGGrSMZlGzWQoB4d7EPFn9WrzIYzSaeZ36NWYpJUQIEdi_oOs1JEkY_SXBbgvKYFAGZJI8xZbcbWhGOq6Hp3jw_fdOIWk4BaXo2J98zBIsFt__mTIphGBdiX0BnF0VyxJVhWGFMsbmGSE7RRZ2e4DpkQ2P7GjPIiFlZZH3iCnddysdu-vyOoAD6jk4TBqkABZCDVtbJrmnkyrtipH_EpYcozmzcKfGi2LqYgNVWg1ApMyWp4ROdD_BM

:heartylaugh:

Ludwigia may be a tad bit closer.

It's not as far as it would be if you got there by going west! :default_rofl: It's only a quarter of the distance in fact.

Mark.

@Kasia This is a great trip report and love all of the pictures, the matrix looks similar the the Cambrian matrix that I collect in Georgia. Thanks for posting such a nice report.

10 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

@Kasia This is a great trip report and love all of the pictures, the matrix looks similar the the Cambrian matrix that I collect in Georgia. Thanks for posting such a nice report.

image.png.c2c9e321d51afb8866662a6630b477ba.png
Map of Georgia (country)

Georgia
Country

Description

Georgia, a country at the intersection of Europe and Asia, is a former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea beaches. It’s famous for Vardzia, a sprawling cave monastery dating to the 12th century, and the ancient wine-growing region Kakheti. The capital, Tbilisi, is known for the diverse architecture and mazelike, cobblestone streets of its old town.

Mark.

7 hours ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

London to Warsaw is about 12 hours by car?

No idea - but from Ludwigia's place (Germany), it should not be more than 6-7 hours.

5 hours ago, Nimravis said:

On 6.08.2019 at 11:21 PM, abyssunder said:

If the fishes are there, the coprolites might be associated with them. :)
Nice trip report with relevant pictures! I love it! Thank you for this!  :dinothumb:

That was my first guess - I'm hoping on help with proper ID from the guy who does the preparation. 

On 7.08.2019 at 12:13 AM, Coco said:

Nice report Kasia ! Thanks !

Coco

Thanks - I just wish I could show you more complete specimens. Maybe next time :fingerscrossed: