My Theropod Claw for Your Shark Teeth

Captcrunch227

Greetings friends! I am in need of shark teeth for my traveling education program. I am looking to create a display that has shark teeth showing the evolution from Otodus to Megalodon. To obtain these I am posting up for trade a Theropod claw from the Hell Creek formation that was found in Montana. Claw measures just over an inch in length. 

So I am in need of any of the following teeth:

Carcharocles auriculatus

Carcharocles angustidens

Carcharocles Chubutensis

Carcharocles Megalodon

I need them to be in good condition to show the serrations, changing of the cusplets, and ideally all in the 2-3 inch range to make it a nice consistent sized display.

Thanks y'all!

0B893711-A3A9-4D08-8960-9042F8E6EF13.jpeg

7C2A14E5-B562-43B0-8AE5-7E22FE56C399.jpeg

A82BC4C2-A2DC-4365-A9B1-6E340963633E.jpeg

Just for clarification are you offering that claw for "all" of the teeth you have listed?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

16 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Just for clarification are you offering that claw for "all" of the teeth you have listed?

As many of them as I can get

• I found this Informative 1

I am in the process of putting together the same type of display. The only tooth I am lacking is a chub. Just a suggestion, if possible try to obtain teeth from the same position in the mouth. I say this because I obtained teeth from different positions just because of what was available and/or affordable, plus self collected. And while I have high quality teeth representing the evolution, because of the different teeth positions, I feel that it is hard to see the evolution as I had hoped. I feel that if all of the teeth were the same size as well as position this would show better. Hope this makes sense.

• I found this Informative 3

33 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I am in the process of putting together the same type of display. The only tooth I am lacking is a chub. Just a suggestion, if possible try to obtain teeth from the same position in the mouth. I say this because I obtained teeth from different positions just because of what was available and/or affordable, plus self collected. And while I have high quality teeth representing the evolution, because of the different teeth positions, I feel that it is hard to see the evolution as I had hoped. I feel that if all of the teeth were the same size as well as position this would show better. Hope this makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense. Unfortunately on a limited budget I usually take the I’ll take what I can get approach haha. 

22 minutes ago, Captcrunch227 said:

Yeah that makes sense. Unfortunately on a limited budget I usually take the I’ll take what I can get approach haha. 

I hear you!:D

@Darktooth @Captcrunch227 I have a soft spot for folks who do educational outreach, having done some myself. They say that paleontology is the gateway drug to science :) I might be able to help a bit. Maybe move the conversation to DM?

14 minutes ago, sharkdoctor said:

@Darktooth @Captcrunch227 I have a soft spot for folks who do educational outreach, having done some myself. They say that paleontology is the gateway drug to science :) I might be able to help a bit. Maybe move the conversation to DM?

Ok with me.